Something different now. Start to install/flash a Rom on SPR and I get:

E: update.zipinstall blocked
Installation aborted

Darryl

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
Got it. I was not hitting the "allow zip update" button. Thanks again for everyone's help in the whole adventure.

Is it common to have to reset up all your emails after every Rom flash? Is there some way to get around that.
Darryl

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Got it. I was not hitting the "allow zip update" button. Thanks again for everyone's help in the whole adventure.

Is it common to have to reset up all your emails after every Rom flash? Is there some way to get around that.
Darryl

Reset your emails? Do you mean like, emails in your gmail account or something else?

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
Everytime I've flashed a new Rom and then reboot it takes me to the screen just like setting the phone out of the box. I have to sign in with my google account. Then everything updateds but I have to set up my stock email and K9email. Wondering if thats something I;m doing wrong?

Darryl

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Everytime I've flashed a new Rom and then reboot it takes me to the screen just like setting the phone out of the box. I have to sign in with my google account. Then everything updateds but I have to set up my stock email and K9email. Wondering if thats something I;m doing wrong?

Darryl

It will prompt you to sign in to Google, etc. every time you wipe. It will always take you to the setup screen so that's normal

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
OK, fo rthos ethat have ever had to unroot and go backto stock for any reason, when you take it back to stock do you lose all info such as contacts, emails and such? Just wondering should I ever have to take my phone in. My wife and I both bought our phones on the same day and she has already had to take hers in to get another.

Darryl

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
No it is working fine. When you wiped data and cache you removed the account information which you now need to reenter

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
All of you apps are associated with your Google account. Your contacts are associated with your Gmail so you should not lose anything

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
OK, fo rthos ethat have ever had to unroot and go backto stock for any reason, when you take it back to stock do you lose all info such as contacts, emails and such? Just wondering should I ever have to take my phone in. My wife and I both bought our phones on the same day and she has already had to take hers in to get another.

Darryl

It depends on how you unroot. If you did a one click root I'm pretty sure you can unroot without losing anything. But, if you flash to unroot like I do, then yes, you lose it. But I always call for my phones rather than go in that way it's a pain free process. But, once you sign in to Google and everything all of that is restored.

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
Good deal. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things now. Once I decided to root it has forced me to learn pretty quick on the fly. I'm more of a learn as I do then learn from reading. Endless possiblilities here it seems. I'm sure spending a lot of time checking out all the Roms I can find. It amazes me what these Dev's can do.

Darryl

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Good deal. I feel like I have a pretty good handle on things now. Once I decided to root it has forced me to learn pretty quick on the fly. I'm more of a learn as I do then learn from reading. Endless possiblilities here it seems. I'm sure spending a lot of time checking out all the Roms I can find. It amazes me what these Dev's can do.

Darryl

I'm sure you do. That's how I was. When I had 2.1 I tried rooting and had no idea what I was doing. I just wanted my phone rooted. The method I tried didn't work and I was too scared to try it again out of fear of bricking my phone. But then I found out it was harder to brick than I had thought, and rooted eventually. Rooted this past October actually. Haven't been in the game long but I have made it far since then. And yeah, a lot of great ROMs and developers here. I'm glad they're as devoted as they are.

That last sentence seems wrong? Just the way it sounds I suppose

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Endless possibilities and learning are just two of the MANY joys that are Android! :dancedroid:

Darryl

DroidForums junkie!!

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
The best advice I can offer make a backup with SPR before you add a rom theme or kernel.