Rooted

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
This forum is great. I own a dog training buisness and I check some of the dog forums now and then. They are some of the "catiest" (I know, not a word) that you will ever find. People get blasted for asking questions, thats why I just kind of stalked this board for awhile. Was waiting to see how poeple were and turns out they are awesome. You guys/gals (not sure who is who) make it much easier to take a shot at trying new things.

Darryl

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
LOL, I knew it wasn't just a bunch of guys.
Are there certian places to look for ROMS, Themes, and Kernells, or just keep surfing the net?

Darryl

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
This forum is great. I own a dog training buisness and I check some of the dog forums now and then. They are some of the "catiest" (I know, not a word) that you will ever find. People get blasted for asking questions, thats why I just kind of stalked this board for awhile. Was waiting to see how poeple were and turns out they are awesome. You guys/gals (not sure who is who) make it much easier to take a shot at trying new things.

Darryl

Occasionally you'll run into some not so pleasant members. I hadn't seen one person be rude to someone until I started keeping up with MIUI. Good stuff though:)

Last edited:

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
LOL, I knew it wasn't just a bunch of guys.
Are there certian places to look for ROMS, Themes, and Kernells, or just keep surfing the net?

Darryl

You can find almost anything right here on this forum. If it's not actually in the forum there is most likely a link to the place you can get it.

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
Just noticed your in Texas. Where? I'm just North of Houston.

Darryl

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Dj Carpenter

Silver Member
Reaction score
Just noticed your in Texas. Where? I'm just North of Houston.

Darryl

I'm like spamming the thread haha. I just moved to Coffee City by Tyler. You're the second person I know of in Texas that is a rooted Droid user. I don't know one single person with a rooted Droid. I know ONE guy that even has a Droid. It's sad.

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm also of the male gender! Haha!

DroidForums junkie!!

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
Kernels can be difficult to dig up, but here are a couple of links:

Index of /froyo/kernels2
Index of /froyo/kernels3 Yes, they are different. The first one is an earlier build that some prefer. You should try both.
P3Droid Kernels

Themes you should look in the theme section here on DF, same with the ROMs. Some suggested ROMs based in order of how they came to me:

Ulitmate Droid (perennial favorite lately but having some bug issues lately -- very different from stock)
Sapphire 1.1.1 (Sapphires motto is change as little code as possible but clean it all up)
Simply Stunning 4.9 (Chevy's cool and his kernels are awesome if you can run them but the ROM may be aimed at more advanced users)
CyanogenMod 6.1 (a new nightly every night - the developers may be called Team Douche for a good reason, but their ROM is the one to beat)
MIUI (ONLY for advanced users)
Bugless Beast v.5 (been hearing people still get update notices while running it AND if it's not installed right there WILL be blood, er, bugs)
Charity (all donations to the developers go to cleaning up the Gulf)
Liquid Frozen Yogurt (The devs are pretty cool folks)

There are others, of course, and some may be more awesome than others, especially on your phone -- I can't remember all of them. :)

Droid DOES!!

What iDoesn't
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I think that should be a sticky!! :dancedroid:

Kernels can be difficult to dig up, but here are a couple of links:

Index of /froyo/kernels2
Index of /froyo/kernels3 Yes, they are different. The first one is an earlier build that some prefer. You should try both.
P3Droid Kernels

Themes you should look in the theme section here on DF, same with the ROMs. Some suggested ROMs based in order of how they came to me:

Ulitmate Droid (perennial favorite lately but having some bug issues lately -- very different from stock)
Sapphire 1.1.1 (Sapphires motto is change as little code as possible but clean it all up)
Simply Stunning 4.9 (Chevy's cool and his kernels are awesome if you can run them but the ROM may be aimed at more advanced users)
CyanogenMod 6.1 (a new nightly every night - the developers may be called Team Douche for a good reason, but their ROM is the one to beat)
MIUI (ONLY for advanced users)
Bugless Beast v.5 (been hearing people still get update notices while running it AND if it's not installed right there WILL be blood, er, bugs)
Charity (all donations to the developers go to cleaning up the Gulf)
Liquid Frozen Yogurt (The devs are pretty cool folks)

There are others, of course, and some may be more awesome than others, especially on your phone -- I can't remember all of them. :)

DroidForums junkie!!

OP
D

Darryl Richey

Reaction score
Thanks Fur. I've tried UD, and MIUI. I liked UD, but not MIUI too much. I'm just trying out a bunch to try to get a feel of what I like. Droid Does....I thought you would have been a guy.lol

Darryl