Rooted now what to do?

xiixmmiii

Reaction score
The commands do various things. Which command line are you entering?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

i tried browser & adw launcher & both said not found.......i didnt know they did different things....im not really sure what i want to do....that probably dont help lol

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok just for poops and giggles go into the terminal emulator and do

Su
Mmsblur -rm

Its possible that handcent isn't playing nice with the native app, if that doesn't work then just run the command

Mmsblur -ins

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last post was for reyrey

Xiix the command is actually

adwlauncher -ins

The suffix -ins will install where as the suffix -rm will remove and that goes for a lot of the commands.

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
mount:device or resource busy
removed blur messasing app,installed mms

thats what i got when i removed

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
mount:device or resource busy
removed blur messasing app,installed mms

thats what i got when i removed

Ya that's good that removed blur messaging and added google messaging

Now go in to handcent and either send yourself a text or have someone send one to you and see if the timestamp is fixed. Its a total longshot but I know the timestamp issues in handcent arised after the 2.3.2 update when the blur timestamps got fiddled with.

xiixmmiii

Reaction score
Last post was for reyrey

adwlauncher -ins

The suffix -ins will install where as the suffix -rm will remove and that goes for a lot of the commands.

ok thanx.....so most of these commands are for just removing or installing these things from the phone?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Last post was for reyrey

adwlauncher -ins

ok thanx.....so most of these commands are for just removing or installing these things from the phone?

Yes most of the commands are for the selective deletion or instalation of blur.

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
success both chomp and handcent timestamp fixed...so if i want to go to default i just install blurmessaging right

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
success both chomp and handcent timestamp fixed...so if i want to go to default i just install blurmessaging right

Ya if for some reason you want to go back to the blur messaging you would use the command

Mmsblur -ins

You shouldn't really need it since you have handcent and google mms but the option is always there.

Glad it worked out.

xiixmmiii

Reaction score
thanx for all the help spaz......1 more question........overclocking speeds up your phone correct? whats a good ghz to go to?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanx for all the help spaz......1 more question........overclocking speeds up your phone correct? whats a good ghz to go to?

Yes overclocking will speed up the phone and conversely hurt the battery life, so its really about finding what's right for you. The best way to test is to slowly scale up and see how the phone performs, so start at 1.2 and slowly work your way up.

I personally clock at ocbattsaver when i'm at school or work to lengthen the battery life, but when i'm at home and have a charger readily available I clock to 1.3 because that's fast and stable on my phone.

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score

Ya if for some reason you want to go back to the blur messaging you would use the command

Mmsblur -ins

You shouldn't really need it since you have handcent and google mms but the option is always there.

Glad it worked out.

even tho its just a timestamp its annoying as hell to me all day at school i was pissed lol thank u mr clutch aka spaz

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

Mmsblur -ins

Glad it worked out.

even tho its just a timestamp its annoying as hell to me all day at school i was pissed lol thank u mr clutch aka spaz

I'm just glad I could help. I'm a big problem solver so this stuff makes my day.

xiixmmiii

Reaction score
ok....when i put it in to the terminal emulator do i put in oc1.1 then oc1.2 or can i just go i right to 1.2?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You can just go straight to 1.2

Test it for a day or so of regular use before trying to go higher