Rooted now what to do?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Stock isn't quite full vanilla its more like optimized imo

There are still some elements of blur but mostly vanilla. The best way I would suggest to backup your contacts is to go in to your contacts app and hit menu>more>import/export>export to sd card

that way they're all on the sd and can be imported if you run in to problems.

tappin and a talkin

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
you think its better than full blur?i dont mind the blur and also dont mind to try something new to make my phone better

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I think it is at least marginally faster, more stable. But realistically the only notable difference is the lack of blur. So if you use blur apps then stic with full blur and using gscript to remove whatever you don't use.

tappin and a talkin

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
only blur apps i use are status update and sticky widget thats it most of my apps are from market or launcher pro plus.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Status update? Is that the like facebook and twitter one? If so I suggest tweetdeck from the marketplace. And there are several sticky note apps. I say try out stock squidly for a little and see if you like it. If not there's always a script to run to return it to full blur.

tappin and a talkin

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
the status update is a blur widget and sticky note is a blur widget as well and if its that easy to switch back to blur then i shall give stock squid a try. install the same way right as the steps you gave me in the beginning?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I'm headed off to bed right now but before I do I though I'd jump in with a few suggestions. Try clearing data/cache for handcent and if you're using blur mms switch to google mms. If that doesn't work, try uninstalling and reinstalling handcent. If that doesn't work try fix permissions. Hope something works out and maybe you'll get more help in squidlys section.

tappin and a talkin

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
So I thought I had it fixed and I rebooted my phone and handcent keeps on force closing

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
So I rooted with z4 when I rooted my phone what's the process to unroot if I choose to? Is it a hassle?

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
And after I unroot it will go back to stock? I'm asking because I heard that there might be a new update to the droid 2 with new blur