Rooted now what to do?

brutalDROID

Reaction score
And after I unroot it will go back to stock? I'm asking because I heard that there might be a new update to the droid 2 with new blur

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Pretty sure if you download and flash the correct file, youll be back to stock. I just recently had to unroot and flash back to 2.2.20 then update to 2.3.20 and rerooted...im now running the latest Squid ROM and its great. I love it

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
And after I unroot it will go back to stock? I'm asking because I heard that there might be a new update to the droid 2 with new blur

Pretty sure if you download and flash the correct file, youll be back to stock. I just recently had to unroot and flash back to 2.2.20 then update to 2.3.20 and rerooted...im now running the latest Squid ROM and its great. I love it

Download and flash file.... you mean nandroid backup?

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just restore that backup you made in cm recovery to get back to stock and then use z4root to unroot. That system update got leaked like 2 days ago so I think you have at least a week or 2 before it gets pushed. I could be wrong though.

tappin and a talkin

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
I do believe that's where the clockwork backup you made immediately prior to the theme install would come into play.

This came from my brain by way of my finger and my phone. Don't ask where any of them have been. Especially the brain.

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
Just have my nandroid back up that's all lots of people say there's no need to make back ups all the time

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
You're on squidly's rom so the easiest thing if you dont have a backup would be to just flash the rom again. This will get rid of some but not all of the theme.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
Just have my nandroid back up that's all lots of people say there's no need to make back ups all the time

Always make a backup of that nature immediately prior to flashing anything major onto the phone -- ROMs, themes, things like that. If you like the change you can delete the backup. If you don't, or it bootloops or something of that nature, you can immediately flash back.

This is good hacking practices 101. When people say you don't need to make them all the time they mean before updates of the ROM (and on the x/2 this is even more important since many updates can't be rolled back) and like once a week or something unless you're incredibly anal. Major changes require major precautions.

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score

Always make a backup of that nature immediately prior to flashing anything major onto the phone -- ROMs, themes, things like that. If you like the change you can delete the backup. If you don't, or it bootloops or something of that nature, you can immediately flash back.

This is good hacking practices 101. When people say you don't need to make them all the time they mean before updates of the ROM (and on the x/2 this is even more important since many updates can't be rolled back) and like once a week or something unless you're incredibly anal. Major changes require major precautions.
The last backup image made was about a month ago since then i. Have flashed squids new stock rom and nextheme.. should I make another backup asap? Or when? And cheers on the reply I love hearing input from my fellow android heads

OP
reyrey2435

reyrey2435

Reaction score
I like the nextheme I have with stock squid but let's say I want to unroot and go back to stock is it difficult to? I rooted with z4

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
Twitter
furryvarmint
OP
reyrey2435