Root on new ota?

Discussion in 'Droid Incredible Hacks' started by dadsterflip, Nov 20, 2010.

1. doug piston

doug piston Premium Member
    Rescue Squad Premium Member

Ratings:
    +4
    Wasn't meant to be an attack on you. Just some people don't read the fine print. I would still put the disclaimer in the op to cover your own ass.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

2. enlightened

enlightened Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +4
    By some people Doug is referring to me- I completely missed the fact that the instructions say for AMOLED only on the website.:blink: I saw the downgrade to 2.1 and immediately had flashbacks to problems people had over on IF soon after the SLCDs came out and people tried to root by downgrading. My bad- I apologize.

3. pabtheghost

pabtheghost Member

Ratings:
    +0
    aright, so as advised i went to check out more info for how to install adb on cyanogenmod, and under mac it just says “write me”. im hoping someone here did this with a mac and can point me in the right direction:

i downloaded the SDK, and eclipse classic 3.5 now im not sure where to go from there, exactly

4. jsuh

jsuh New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I own a Mac. To install the SDK unzip the files to a directory (i.e. I have mine installed in /Macintosh HD/opt/android/android-sdk-mac_86/

Then go to Terminal. Type "cd /opt/android/android-sdk-mac_86/".

Then run command "tools/android" and if the Android SDK and ADV manager shows up, you should be ready to roll.

In available packages you want to select Android SDK Tools and install that.

Once it's all set up, plug your phone in via usb, open up Terminal, and type adb devices or adb shell and see if it picks up anything.

Search tags for this page

jonsuhhacks