root checker

joshxdroid

Reaction score
kevsgroove said:
Do we really know that to be true. It's difficult to say without having concrete numbers. More than likely, since the vast majority of users don't root their devices, the returns are much larger for non-rooted devices. Granted, there may have been a bad batch or two, but generally those issues show up pretty soon after purchase. Not 3, 4, 5, 6 months down the road.

I've had my Bionic since release date last September and outside of the occasional data drop issues, I haven't encountered anything that would cause me to return it.

I was basing my statement on the fact that the vast majority are unrooted. I guess that's probably why they aren't to worried about ticking off the mod community. I would argue that they don't really lose money on replacement phones. They give you a rebuilt phone and then rebuild you're phone to give to the next person. Obviously they have to pay for the labor, but it doesn't compare to what you are paying for data these days. Like i said, if i knew the numbers, it might change my opinion. I'm not against making money, but i do find Verizons customer service less than adequate.

dautley

Reaction score
I saw someone in another forum chat room say they were on chat with Verizon support for a issue and they told him his razr was rooted. Didn't even ask permission to access the phone first.
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Droid 51

Reaction score
Thats not cool and thats not how i understood they were going to do it i read it like they had to go into stock recovery but it sounds like you are saying they can access it wireless if thats the case where is our privacy

tha1

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is any truth to razr maxx having a root checker with ics build when booting in recovery??

CaptainSeth

Reaction score
xtor said:
So if you pay for the warranty, and your phone has issues and is rooted, will the warranty company check to see if it is rooted?, or do you have to damage it to a point that they will not be able to check?

point of origin

About a month ago, I got a Razr Maxx as an insurance replacement for my scratched Bionic. I called to see if I needed to unroot and restore gingerbread (from one of the ICS leaks) and was told no, they reflash everything when repaired. I sent it in, and so far haven't heard a word about it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR by the power of Greyskull

Jester429

Reaction score
Btw the hammer idea is great. Instead of having phones to repair and resell they will have more stolen and lost claims as well as I accidentally hit it with a hammer claims.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

ha i got you beat, i ran a bionic with a dump truck...... okay well it wasn't on purpose but still...:icon_ lala:

kijutsu

Reaction score

joshxdroid

Reaction score
kijutsu said:
I didn't use FoxKat's method, I used the DroidRazrUtility from Matt to go back to stock and it still shows qe 1/1 -- I have not rooted (yet).

Interesting...... That'd the currently rooted indicator.

kijutsu

Reaction score
Interesting...... That'd the currently rooted indicator.
Exactly.

I thought the status indicator was supposed to switch to qe 0/1 if the device is unrooted. I verified the device isn't rooted by installing superuser manually (it fails upon searching for SU) and dumping to a terminal to run su (su not found obviously).

The .215 leak didn't change root status.

Last edited: