root checker

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
So, appears that installing leaks shows unrooted. I guess the next test would be to see what happens when someone tries to go back to complete stock using FoxKat's steps here, http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/218746-all-eggs-one-basket-2.html

Any volunteers?

That's a great question. Since I did it using RSD Lite, and also using the Stock ROM, there is the possibility that it would overwrite the QE values since it is "supposed" to be able to take a phone to complete stock. Still, fastbooting is supposed to be essentially the same thing though done with a different technique.

I may be willing to give this a try. I would need an hour or more set aside to do it again, but it took something like 38 minutes the last time, but it's putting everything back the way I like it that really is the biggest PITA. Perhaps I'll do it tonight. I want to flash Jellybean to my OGD as well, so I can do that at the same time!

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
You go trooper!

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
I'm really curious to see how this pans out. If you can't ever actually get rid of the "has been rooted before" status, it's going to start causing problems for the entire modding community. :popped out:

kevsgroove

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
Life is difficult, folks. And it's certainly not fair.

It never ceases to amaze me that anyone big enough, bad enough, smart enough, tech savvy enough to root their device, knowing it voids the warranty, would even care if Verizon or anyone else knew if they did. Everyone preaches about how "it's my device, and I should be able to do with it as I please." If that's truly the case, then you should be a big enough person to accept the loss ....that you caused....... and not complain to Verizon about a replacement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
I'll accept the loss if I have to, I realize the consequences.

However, I do think it's BS that I have to void the warranty if I want to do a few simple things that require root access. Things like using a PS3 controller to play games, or being able to back up my app data along with the app itself.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
kevsgroove said:
Life is difficult, folks. And it's certainly not fair.

It never ceases to amaze me that anyone big enough, bad enough, smart enough, tech savvy enough to root their device, knowing it voids the warranty, would even care if Verizon or anyone else knew if they did. Everyone preaches about how "it's my device, and I should be able to do with it as I please." If that's truly the case, then you should be a big enough person to accept the loss ....that you caused....... and not complain to Verizon about a replacement.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I agree to a point... that if you brick your device because of rooting then its your loss and you understood the risks before rooting as well as should know what you're doing so as not to brick. But if my phone fails due to a manufacturer malfunction that has nothing to do with being rooted, then it should be covered.

NeverdelSol

Reaction score
I agree to a point... that if you brick your device because of rooting then its your loss and you understood the risks before rooting as well as should know what you're doing so as not to brick. But if my phone fails due to a manufacturer malfunction that has nothing to do with being rooted, then it should be covered.

Couldn't agree more.

joshxdroid

Reaction score
TisMyDroid said:

I agree! Just because you root doesn't mean you caused the failure. I guess there its always insurance.

xtor

Reaction score
So if you pay for the warranty, and your phone has issues and is rooted, will the warranty company check to see if it is rooted?, or do you have to damage it to a point that they will not be able to check?

point of origin

jkaod

Gold Member
Reaction score
So if you pay for the warranty, and your phone has issues and is rooted, will the warranty company check to see if it is rooted?, or do you have to damage it to a point that they will not be able to check?

point of origin

If you have to send it in for an insurance replcement, this simple, yet effective device will insure that no one will be able to detect if the phone has been rooted. Available at Home Depot, Lowes or any other fine hardware store.

SledgeHammer.jpeg