ROM Squidly 2.3.20 fullblur

jayxpx

Reaction score
got it! Saw it was all drawn out on the standard 2.3.2 thread...this app is absolutely amazing...Squid thanks so much...i will be donating tomorrow

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Click wifi tether on and off a few times when you first connect on your computer it will say no signal, disconnect from your cpu,then go back to networks it should now give full signal. It does work fine

Here is the screenie I see, appears to be connecting but nothing showing on my puter as far as the wifi
61f60a02-391d-efe9.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

merkinmaker

Reaction score
Overclocking:

Hey, I'm a day late and a dollar short here (sorry Squidly) but you can issue the general command to "overclock" to enable overclocking. Then use any of the oc1.x commands to get the desired clock rate. Check your results with the "cpuinfo" command. Again...great work Squidly, I owe you at least half a beer.
:icon_ banana:~2250 on Quadrant!

napjester

Reaction score
After flashing the ROM, I can't use any of my rooted apps. I installed the ROM by booting into clockwork recovery, mounted the system, and then installed the ROM without wiping data or cache. The ROM appears to have installed correctly and after booting up, I do have the black notification bar.

1) Is there anyway to fix the root access (other than rerunning the ROM and wiping the data and cache)?
2) Is it better to install this ROM thru ROM Manager or do you boot into recovery and do it from there (does it make a difference?)?
3) Can someone post step-by-step how they installed this ROM on a stock D2 2.3.2 with root access? (I found different sites saying to mount, don't mount, wipe data/cache, don't wipe dada/cache, etc and it would be nice to see an official install procedure for this particular ROM).

Hope this post doesn't sound too nooby but I am what I am!

merkinmaker

Reaction score
After flashing the ROM, I can't use any of my rooted apps. I installed the ROM by booting into clockwork recovery, mounted the system, and then installed the ROM without wiping data or cache. The ROM appears to have installed correctly and after booting up, I do have the black notification bar.

1) Is there anyway to fix the root access (other than rerunning the ROM and wiping the data and cache)?
2) Is it better to install this ROM through ROM Manager or do you boot into recovery and do it from there (does it make a difference?)?
3) Can someone post step-by-step how they installed this ROM on a stock D2 2.3.2 with root access? (I found different sites saying to mount, don't mount, wipe data/cache, don't wipe data/cache, etc and it would be nice to see an official install procedure for this particular ROM).

First, check if you indeed do have root access by opening up terminal and issuing the "su" command. If you get the "#" prompt, you are root. If not ("$: permission denied) I would check with Squidly about possibly rerooting the phone.

Here is a good link for the general process.
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-2-hacks/91760-droid-2-hacking-rom-install-class.html
The steps I took are as follows:

1.) Backup your current rom!!!!!

2.) Flash a version 2.3.20 .sbf on the phone using RSD lite. I downloaded VRZ_A955_2.3.20.zip and it worked fine. TBH & MyDroidWorld Present: Droid 2 (2.3.20) Triple Threat

<!--***2.5.) You may notice that you have no access to the Verizon network at this time. Easy fix, just dial *22899 and follow the voice prompts. ***-->

3.) Reroot your phone. You will lose root access after installing the new .sbf Double check root access with the su command. Check out thedarkonions method.http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...process-d2-windows-linux-mac-coming-soon.html

4.) Find a new ROM and place it on your sdcard (I leave mine zipped and have no problems.) Also, I highly recommend Squidlymandingo's 2.3.20 (any version)

5.) Reboot into bootstrap with koush's Bootstrapper (which is compatible with Clockwork Recovery.)My Brain Hurts: Droid X Recovery (and Droid 2 too!) and choose your desired ROM or zipped rom. *note, when installing a ROM or .sbf you should leave your phone plugged in. Unless you want a bricked/bootlooped phone.

6.) enjoy your new ROM

If I missed anything feel free to message me or add corrections if you feel necessary.

Squidly4Lyfe!!!:icon_ banana:

leakim13

Reaction score
I am in love with this ROM... it fixed every issue i had with going from the D1 to the D2...

SteaveO2

Reaction score
My swype keyboard is still silver, was this rom suppose to change that?

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Click wifi tether on and off a few times when you first connect on your computer it will say no signal, disconnect from your cpu,then go back to networks it should now give full signal. It does work fine

Here is the screenie I see, appears to be connecting but nothing showing on my puter as far as the wifi
61f60a02-391d-efe9.jpg

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Same thing happened to me with wifi tether I connected with no signal on my cpu then disconnected went into networks and then it showed full signal from androidtether.

event121

Reaction score
In the build.prop using root explorer there are 4 lines that say stagefright change them to false that will fix it, that seems to be stagefrights only real bug other than that it performs flawlessly,I will make a script to do it in my next release.

Are you working on another release or is this one gonna be it for awhile?

TRVSDKSN

Reaction score
I am reading a lot of pleased overclockers. How is everyones battery life that OC'd with the 1.3 script?

TRVSDKSN

Reaction score
Being in a bootloop and not being able to boot into cm recovery is scary as HELL!

P.S. Revolution Remix will not work for this rom and I'm heading to the restroom to change my noob underwear. Thank you nandroid.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
The theme needs to be for a deodexed 2.3.20 system if not a bootloop will most likely occur,

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

2) Is it better to install this ROM thru ROM Manager or do you boot into recovery and do it from there (does it make a difference?)?
3) Can someone post step-by-step how they installed this ROM on a stock D2 2.3.2 with root access? (I found different sites saying to mount, don't mount, wipe data/cache, don't wipe dada/cache, etc and it would be nice to see an official install procedure for this particular ROM).

You always mount system but the only way you could've lost root I believe is if it originally was in xbin my rom has it in bin and the superuser.apk in system/app and nobody has had a problem until now, re root and you should be good.

TRVSDKSN

Reaction score
The theme needs to be for a deodexed 2.3.20 system if not a bootloop will most likely occur,

Thanks. I got greedy. I love this ROM. It is so smooth. I thought I was gonna have to fire up RSD Lite last night. I had to physically remove my SD card, plug in wall charger (somehow this forced it into CM recovery) , then shove my SD card back in so that I could select and restore my backup. This was after I figured out that the Power+X then Search method only got m to stock recovery and the power button alone wouldn't even turn it on anymore. Whew!