ROM Squidly 2.3.20 fullblur

_Killer_

Reaction score
Wait.. Let me get this straight.. DON'T wipe data??? just install the zip??

First timing this on a D2.. I'm used to installing roms on the d1 i had to wipe every time!!

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The is basically a slightly retooled stock using the new kernel and baseband from the last ota to it's advantage....I only had to clear the data of rooted programs for mine....runs well with only the jrummy oc...just wish he'd get it to set a profile for screen off to save a little more on battery....

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I did wipe data/cache when I installed since I was coming from Fission. I have been off the charger for 14 hrs with phone calls, emails, texting and some market stuff. I am still on 60% battery left-AWESOME. Also, using ULV 1.0 on Jrummy's overclock app.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
He says not to just to try it and if you have problems then redo with a full wipe. I just did a full wipe from the start to avoid any problems anyways. Also if your coming from D1 and your used to regular clockwork recovery, in bootstrap clockwork MAKE SURE YOU MOUNT THE SYSTEM(and data if your paranoid like me). If you don't mount the system before installing a zip you will bootloop and have to sbf back to stock its a pain trust me. After wiping data and cache sometimes it will unmount the system on its own so right before installing the zip from sdcard, mount the system. Learn from my mistake haha.

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just flashed it. Liking it so far. Thanks squid

trook

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked already but I'm on my phone with no computer in sight... do I need to sbf when coming from fission??

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked already but I'm on my phone with no computer in sight... do I need to sbf when coming from fission??

Have you used the new sbf to update you to the new kernal and baseband?? If not, I would do that and then flash this over the top. That's what I did.

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Others have flashed over fission and it has worked, but Quie2droid is correct to get kernel and baseband sbf is the best way,if you haven't gotten the ota update.

trook

Reaction score
Cool, thanks. I havent got the update but all I hear are good things about this rom so I'm going for it. I've also heard conflicting things about this but do I need to sbf with the 2.2.20 then wait for the update or sbf with the new 2.3.20??

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Sbf with 2.3.20 only the full system sbf though this rom is fullblur, squidly 2.3.20. Is stripped but you can always switch it up using scripts you don't have to switch roms.

MrKleen

Reaction score
I installed this rom yesterday to give it a try and must say that I like it so far!

I love the idea of having a standard rom that can be modified with scripts to make it whatever you want.

Great Job!

spaz33g

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Ok so I've been testing this for about 12 hours and I gotta say i'm loving it. I like the idea of starting at full blur and removing things one piece at a time cause i'm a control freak. Not to mention, overclocked at 1.3, this thing is so fast i'm getting blisters.

6107e13d-02b1-4264.jpg

Quie2Droid

Reaction score
Hey Squid,

I have a question regarding removing apps you don't want. Is it better to remove them with scripts or with root explorer?

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Scripts because I have it setup so it copies the deleted apps to the stock folder on your sdcard if you ever wanted to reapply them