ROM Squidly 2.3.20 fullblur

lintmail

Reaction score
Great job. I'm sending a couple of bucks your way for your tireless, accommodating efforts.

gunz.jones

Reaction score
The video camera on my phone is takes the video with no glitch that I can see, but watching the video has a glitch in them. They'll skip back a frame...no sound glitches. I have tried all different oc settings and stock settings, but it's always the same. Didn't have the same issue with stock that I saw. Any clues?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

OP
S

squidlymandingo

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
In the build.prop using root explorer there are 4 lines that say stagefright change them to false that will fix it, that seems to be stagefrights only real bug other than that it performs flawlessly,I will make a script to do it in my next release.

_Killer_

Reaction score
He says not to just to try it and if you have problems then redo with a full wipe. I just did a full wipe from the start to avoid any problems anyways. Also if your coming from D1 and your used to regular clockwork recovery, in bootstrap clockwork MAKE SURE YOU MOUNT THE SYSTEM(and data if your paranoid like me). If you don't mount the system before installing a zip you will bootloop and have to sbf back to stock its a pain trust me. After wiping data and cache sometimes it will unmount the system on its own so right before installing the zip from sdcard, mount the system. Learn from my mistake haha.

???? you lost me at "make sure you mount the system" lol def NOT used to this..

I actually installed the zip this morning.. without doing any other steps (booted into bootstrap and ran install zip from sd)..... and everything is working fine.. from what i see..

MrKleen

Reaction score
He says not to just to try it and if you have problems then redo with a full wipe. I just did a full wipe from the start to avoid any problems anyways. Also if your coming from D1 and your used to regular clockwork recovery, in bootstrap clockwork MAKE SURE YOU MOUNT THE SYSTEM(and data if your paranoid like me). If you don't mount the system before installing a zip you will bootloop and have to sbf back to stock its a pain trust me. After wiping data and cache sometimes it will unmount the system on its own so right before installing the zip from sdcard, mount the system. Learn from my mistake haha.

???? you lost me at "make sure you mount the system" lol def NOT used to this..

I actually installed the zip this morning.. without doing any other steps (booted into bootstrap and ran install zip from sd)..... and everything is working fine.. from what i see..

You got lucky. I had to perform an sbf by trying to install a rom and not mounting first.

_Killer_

Reaction score
You got lucky. I had to perform an sbf by trying to install a rom and not mounting first.

*wipes forehead and sigh of relief*

I am pretty new to this stuff, I was pretty familiar with d1.. just seems like there isn't as much information out there on the d2.. I've been trying to read up and make sure i do everything properly.. I assumed when i got the d2 that rooting and installing custom roms would be nearly identical.. man, i was WRONG! lol.

Jboxen

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

*wipes forehead and sigh of relief*

I am pretty new to this stuff, I was pretty familiar with d1.. just seems like there isn't as much information out there on the d2.. I've been trying to read up and make sure i do everything properly.. I assumed when i got the d2 that rooting and installing custom roms would be nearly identical.. man, i was WRONG! lol.

Yes the locked bootloader is a pain. System mount option is in mounts and sotrage in clockwork.

jayxpx

Reaction score
In the build.prop using root explorer there are 4 lines that say stagefright change them to false that will fix it, that seems to be stagefrights only real bug other than that it performs flawlessly,I will make a script to do it in my next release.

how do i change this...i am not overclocked at all and i am having the same issues with the video playback. where do i find build.prop and how do i change it? Terminal or just in root explorer? This rom is amazing...lightening fast with full blur which is exactly what i am looking for!

gunz.jones

Reaction score
Try root explorer or if you have root tools it should have the options built in.....build.prop is in /system.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
I went through ALOT to install this rom. I'll spare you all the details as you guys have heard it all before. After everything I went through all I can say is that I would gladly go through it a few more times for this rom. I am now a die hard squidly fan. Everything works flawlessly with everything else. THIS is what my phone should have came with.

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
I went through ALOT to install this rom. I'll spare you all the details as you guys have heard it all before. After everything I went through all I can say is that I would gladly go through it a few more times for this rom. I am now a die hard squidly fan. Everything works flawlessly with everything else. THIS is what my phone should have came with.

Couldn't agree more with the second half of the complement given to squid, by far the best best rom running. See Moto what the community is able to produce, enough with the greed.

rcklss1

Reaction score
Posted this elsewhere on the forum... thought squidly might be happy to see this though... (no its not photoshopped I have better things to do with my time )

613a64e4-af80-f176.jpg

Sent using my DROID 2 from the Droid Forum app (Rooted, OC'ed to 1.35 GHZ, running Squidly 2.3.20 Full Blur Rom :) )

mrksbrd

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G3
Twitter
mrksbrd
Just curious what OC kernel is everyone using @ 1.3?