[ROM Release] Sourcery ROM V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
I use clockwork mod. So when it gives me the E:notfound then reboots into recovery, I can choose update.zip instead of simply rebooting it again?

yes sir that is what happens with me as well. works like a charm manually.

TD how do you get the setcpu fixed, since you can't manually access the download or animations or experimental apps?

PARick
If you have tried the whole drain battery then full charge, repeat?
If not see if that helps, does this occur on other ROMs but only recently?
If you tried first suggestion already, perhaps your battery has literally lost its mojo and it needs to be replaced. If so, and you buy a new one, try to find one that might also be compatible with what phone you plan on switching to next.

DWB

PARick

Reaction score
I use clockwork mod. So when it gives me the E:notfound then reboots into recovery, I can choose update.zip instead of simply rebooting it again?

yes sir that is what happens with me as well. works like a charm manually.

TD how do you get the setcpu fixed, since you can't manually access the download or animations or experimental apps?

PARick
If you have tried the whole drain battery then full charge, repeat?
If not see if that helps, does this occur on other ROMs but only recently?
If you tried first suggestion already, perhaps your battery has literally lost its mojo and it needs to be replaced. If so, and you buy a new one, try to find one that might also be compatible with what phone you plan on switching to next.

DWB

Thanks, have not tried draining it yet. It seems to coincide with when I flashed this ROM, but it could be the battery, never considered that. I switch around batteries a good bit, I have at least 10. Will let it run down tonight then go through the battery stats process. Thanks again.

PARick

Reaction score
PARick
With so many batteries, I suggest seeing if all have same issue.
If not you'll know it's not the phone but the specific battery you used before I'm your arsenal of batteries.

Good idea. Glad to see the bongs have not taken too much of a toll!:)

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
PARick
With so many batteries, I suggest seeing if all have same issue.
If not you'll know it's not the phone but the specific battery you used before I'm your arsenal of batteries.

Good idea. Glad to see the bongs have not taken too much of a toll!:)

Shh but it is I who've been taking a toll on the binger, not the other way around.
And for any kiddies bong means the new computer I bought in China, called the BingBangBong. What a great computer it has turned out.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
battery

If you switched to set cpu and have the problem some have had with it. it was running at full speed alll the time this could cause your battery to run down. This was not happening iwth cpu boost and you can also set cpu to lower speeds when screen is off.

but do the fix #1 and see if the problem doesnt go away.
also as i think i saw mentioned go to battery stats and see what was using the battery.

I am gone from the house for 9 1/2 hours approx when i work. I use my phone on and off throught the day for looking up diagnosis and stuff not heavy usage but not totally idle either and have 80% when i get home and if i forget to plug in it over night i usually have lost no more than 10% during the night.

PARick

Reaction score
If you switched to set cpu and have the problem some have had with it. it was running at full speed alll the time this could cause your battery to run down. This was not happening iwth cpu boost and you can also set cpu to lower speeds when screen is off.

but do the fix #1 and see if the problem doesnt go away.
also as i think i saw mentioned go to battery stats and see what was using the battery.

I am gone from the house for 9 1/2 hours approx when i work. I use my phone on and off throught the day for looking up diagnosis and stuff not heavy usage but not totally idle either and have 80% when i get home and if i forget to plug in it over night i usually have lost no more than 10% during the night.

Hi Eagle, thanks. As an FYI, this occurs while the phone is off.

mkjellgren

Reaction score
Anybody else having problems getting the custom frequency settings to work in the milestone oc app? The app itself works fine. I can select my max frequency just fine but when I select "advanced optimizations" from the CPU customization menu it asks me if I loaded the module from the milestone app, I click yes, then terminal opens and I get a permission denied message.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
mkjellgren send me a pm and we'll get you fixed shouldn't be hard

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
I've been getting random reboots lately. I've had about four just today. I don't think I had any with 1.0 - 1.3. Running Slayher 1200 with compcache. Temp only gets up to 40C.

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
I've been getting random reboots lately. I've had about four just today. I don't think I had any with 1.0 - 1.3. Running Slayher 1200 with compcache. Temp only gets up to 40C.

I know all phones handle kernels differently, but I'd have to say try another kernel and see if the problem continues. I have not had one single random reboot the entire time I've been on 2.0 and that includes pre-release testing ...

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
PARick
I have had the whole battery issue in the back of my mind all day, probably why Dr. Danceswithbongs lost two patients on the table.
Well here goes, if all battery tests fail and all your batteries have the same result, there may be one other cause.
Or a combo, one is that your wife is in reality a succubus, if so call ghostbusters ASAP.
The other one is your wife as well, but less mystical and more fact based.
I have found that women drain me of all energy by the time we actually go to bed.
Perhaps after they drain our energy, they begin to suck the energy out of anything else around them. And for god sakes man, you have a phone in there!
Hope the extra battery fetishists collection is stored elsewhere.
It is similar to how cats can suck the breath out of children in the middle of the night and leave a cold corpse, except women need much more of a charge and a small child would not suffice.
A crazy thought yes, but it's so crazy it might be true.
To quote Norm
Women, can't live with 'em, pass the beer nuts.

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
XTRA XTRA read all about it

Just found this in the liquid gb forum and it sounded like something a certain someone has been experiencing, yet on a different ROM.
Entry below from LGBthread:

I hate to keep posting the same thing over and over but I need to find the problem and a fix. When I shut my phone off (I'm not talking about standby) my battery dies incredibly fast. I can have my phone off for 3 hours and I will lose anywhere from 60-80% of my battery.

The problem is not my battery. All other Liquid ROMs I have used have work fine. My phone has great battery life when it is on. Last night I shut my phone off and pulled the battery...this morning the battery charge was exactly the same, no loss.

I thought it might be an app but after doing a complete wipe and fresh install of LGBv1.1 (and with 1.0) and not adding anything but my contacts, I still had the problem.

So at this point I think it is something in the ROM that my phone doesn't like. I noticed that after I shutdown my phone, the screen turns off right away but the backlit keys stay on for a good 5 seconds. Could the backlight fix be causing a problem with keeping the cpu running when the phone is off?

At this point, I wouldn't mind doing a battery pull every night cause I really love this ROM and want to use it. But any help/suggestions/fixes would be nice.
It is either his wife, be she succubus or not, or my theories are incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.