Not open for further replies.

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
at least it works

Well there goes the time I had just set aside to start my Mayoral campaign.
Dagnabit.
You know who did this...them damn gremlins.
Oh GFlam I could never get the insert background to work and they were solid, solid as a rock. it just seems like enabling backgrounds, causes the dark grey blocks to appear in clock. No backgrounds and everything was fine and dandy.
Well got to go to bed so I can do all this on the can in the morn.
night

well at least now thees an option for backgrounds or clock :)
and the pot is fine but dont drop it in getting the phone wet didnt work out for esotericchaos to well!

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
Well there goes the time I had just set aside to start my Mayoral campaign.
Dagnabit.
You know who did this...them damn gremlins.
Oh GFlam I could never get the insert background to work and they were solid, solid as a rock. it just seems like enabling backgrounds, causes the dark grey blocks to appear in clock. No backgrounds and everything was fine and dandy.
Well got to go to bed so I can do all this on the can in the morn.
night

well at least now thees an option for backgrounds or clock :)
and the pot is fine but dont drop it in getting the phone wet didnt work out for esotericchaos to well!

First I agree clock or backgrounds that is the question, and backgrounds win, since they flash up all the time I now notice, like when an app is loading or when using certain other apps.
I read you talking about pot is fine and then realized you were referencing the toilet, since I can't get my phone wet by dropping it in pot, even the stickiest as I have done vast amounts of research on this for the people at verizon and motorola. But Chaos got mimosa on his, I think, and since I don't use a champagne glass as a toilet, I'm pretty safe.

I may do some macgyver like stuff before attempting full on re install.
dancingbannana dancesdroid
danceswithbongs

T-Dev

Reaction score
I use clockwork mod. So when it gives me the E:notfound then reboots into recovery, I can choose update.zip instead of simply rebooting it again?

yes sir that is what happens with me as well. works like a charm manually.

PARick

Reaction score
The past three nights, my power has been at 80% or better. Then I turn the phone off before bed. When I wake up and turn on my phone, the power is at 15% or lower. Any one else?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
The past three nights, my power has been at 80% or better. Then I turn the phone off before bed. When I wake up and turn on my phone, the power is at 15% or lower. Any one else?

Can't speak for the over night thing as I dock my phone every night, but in general I have found my battery life to be very good.

Are you still on the stock kernel? Are you seeing anything suspicious when you check your battery stats or running services? Maybe you recently downloaded an app or an app updated that's running in the background?

PARick

Reaction score

Can't speak for the over night thing as I dock my phone every night, but in general I have found my battery life to be very good.

Are you still on the stock kernel? Are you seeing anything suspicious when you check your battery stats or running services? Maybe you recently downloaded an app or an app updated that's running in the background?

Yes switched kernals yesterday just to test, same result. My battery life has been great....except when the phone is turned off :)

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

Yes switched kernals yesterday just to test, same result. My battery life has been great....except when the phone is turned off :)

Oh, I completely missed that!! You're powering it down for the night ... I see. Why? lol ... I have never done this as my Droid and I have become one and if I power it down for extended periods of time I may die! Just like Eliot and ET!

Seriously though, I am not sure why that would happen ... one would think the battery would remain the same or relatively the same if it's powered off.

PARick

Reaction score

Oh, I completely missed that!! You're powering it down for the night ... I see. Why? lol ... I have never done this as my Droid and I have become one and if I power it down for extended periods of time I may die! Just like Eliot and ET!

Seriously though, I am not sure why that would happen ... one would think the battery would remain the same or relatively the same if it's powered off.

I am not good about making sure it is silenced, and all the bells and whistles drived my wife nuts! Yes, that's my thoughts. Actually, when I turn it off for an extended period the % goes up maybe 5%. Thanks though!

Reaction score
Try clearing the battery stats to see if that helps. Charge it all the way, run it all the way down, charge it up fully again, then boot into recovery, and find the option to clear battery stats. (I think its under the Advanced tab but u might have to llook for it :p )

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

PARick

Reaction score
PARick, I have used an app before called Timeriffic to set my volumes to go off/on at certain times... Timeriffic - Android app on AppBrain

Thanks. I probably should give it a try. Thanks for the input....and BTW Incinerated is currently on my phone. Great theme! Took a while to find the right wallpaper, but finally did. I think it is the most thorough tehem I have seen. Great job!

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com
PARick, I have used an app before called Timeriffic to set my volumes to go off/on at certain times... Timeriffic - Android app on AppBrain

Thanks. I probably should give it a try. Thanks for the input....

No prob, hope it works out for you.

and BTW Incinerated is currently on my phone.
Great theme! Took a while to find the right wallpaper, but finally did. I think it is the most thorough tehem I have seen. Great job!

Well, thanks for the kind words! Yeah, the wallpaper was tricky for me as well ... I never did find one I was completely satisfied with either. I have a few I should upload to the Sourcery gallery so people can grab them.

And back to the battery thing, I found some interesting threads on it ... HERE if you feel like reading.

Last edited:

PARick

Reaction score

Thanks. I probably should give it a try. Thanks for the input....

No prob, hope it works out for you.

and BTW Incinerated is currently on my phone.
Great theme! Took a while to find the right wallpaper, but finally did. I think it is the most thorough tehem I have seen. Great job!

Well, thanks for the kinda words! Yeah, the wallpaper was tricky for me as well ... I never did find one I was completely satisfied with either. I have a few I should upload to the Sourcery gallery so people can grab them.

And back to the battery thing, I found some interesting threads on it ... HERE if you feel like reading.

Thanks. How's this paper?

YankInDaSouth

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.wix.com

It's pretty sweet! My only concern with something like that would be "losing" the lock screen slider icons ... but if it works for ya I say go for it. I was using and looking more for a black/smoky wallpaper.

Here are a few I have played with:

PARick

Reaction score

It's pretty sweet! My only concern with something like that would be "losing" the lock screen slider icons ... but if it works for ya I say go for it. I was using and looking more for a black/smoky wallpaper.

Here are a few I have played with:

I like the last two, just put both on my phone and will alternate between the three. Going with the very last one for now. My weather home definately shows up better. Thanks!dancedroid

Status
Not open for further replies.