[ROM Release] Sourcery ROM V2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

cirtbrethren

Reaction score
Yikes.

Having a problem here. I was running 1.3 with Slayher 1200 and getting random reboots. Went to install Slayher 1100 instead, during the install, it rebooted, but now all I get is the Motorola logo. Did a couple battery pulls but still just have the Moto logo. How do I get out of the logo?

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Just found this in the liquid gb forum and it sounded like something a certain someone has been experiencing, yet on a different ROM.
Entry below from LGBthread:

I hate to keep posting the same thing over and over but I need to find the problem and a fix. When I shut my phone off (I'm not talking about standby) my battery dies incredibly fast. I can have my phone off for 3 hours and I will lose anywhere from 60-80% of my battery.

The problem is not my battery. All other Liquid ROMs I have used have work fine. My phone has great battery life when it is on. Last night I shut my phone off and pulled the battery...this morning the battery charge was exactly the same, no loss.

I thought it might be an app but after doing a complete wipe and fresh install of LGBv1.1 (and with 1.0) and not adding anything but my contacts, I still had the problem.

So at this point I think it is something in the ROM that my phone doesn't like. I noticed that after I shutdown my phone, the screen turns off right away but the backlit keys stay on for a good 5 seconds. Could the backlight fix be causing a problem with keeping the cpu running when the phone is off?

At this point, I wouldn't mind doing a battery pull every night cause I really love this ROM and want to use it. But any help/suggestions/fixes would be nice.
It is either his wife, be she succubus or not, or my theories are incorrect

You are clearly in the wrong section.

segdoh49

Reaction score
Yikes.

Having a problem here. I was running 1.3 with Slayher 1200 and getting random reboots. Went to install Slayher 1100 instead, during the install, it rebooted, but now all I get is the Motorola logo. Did a couple battery pulls but still just have the Moto logo. How do I get out of the logo?
Hope you have a good backup.....
Hold the x key on your keyboard and hit the power button continue holding x until you get into recovery and do a restore of your last backup..:)

T-Dev

Reaction score
I use clockwork mod. So when it gives me the E:notfound then reboots into recovery, I can choose update.zip instead of simply rebooting it again?

yes sir that is what happens with me as well. works like a charm manually.

TD how do you get the setcpu fixed, since you can't manually access the download or animations or experimental apps?

PARick
If you have tried the whole drain battery then full charge, repeat?
If not see if that helps, does this occur on other ROMs but only recently?
If you tried first suggestion already, perhaps your battery has literally lost its mojo and it needs to be replaced. If so, and you buy a new one, try to find one that might also be compatible with what phone you plan on switching to next.

DWB

After the phone boots into recovery and fails to automatically load the update.zip, I hold the X button and wait for it to boot back into recovery and manually run the update zip. Since im on CS3.0 it doesnt automatically run the file so I do it manually. :) hope this helps

danceswithbongs

Reaction score
yes sir that is what happens with me as well. works like a charm manually.

TD how do you get the setcpu fixed, since you can't manually access the download or animations or experimental apps?

PARick
If you have tried the whole drain battery then full charge, repeat?
If not see if that helps, does this occur on other ROMs but only recently?
If you tried first suggestion already, perhaps your battery has literally lost its mojo and it needs to be replaced. If so, and you buy a new one, try to find one that might also be compatible with what phone you plan on switching to next.

DWB

After the phone boots into recovery and fails to automatically load the update.zip, I hold the X button and wait for it to boot back into recovery and manually run the update zip. Since im on CS3.0 it doesnt automatically run the file so I do it manually. :) hope this helps

But how does the update zip download? With me and I think dmatter we don't get linked to server to even get the download. That is why I asked.
You have totally different situation, one I experienced with the 1.x versions.

DeeMat

Reaction score
I forgot to come by and say that I tried this ROM the other day and was very impressed by it. Although I went on to a different ROM, I have added this to my watch list - you guys are doing a great job.

OP
gflam

gflam

Developer
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
DeeMat why did you switch what where we missing? would love to hear what you would like so we could add it

danceswithbongs

Reaction score

Exsqueeze me?
Did you just say I was clearly in the wrong section?
Was that a poor attempt at humour?
Have you read this thread?
Have you read what I quoted from the thread for a different ROM?
Have you noticed continuous discussion about battery issues?
Have you noticed questions as to if it is ROM related?
Did you know I have donated to the fine people that put this li'l piece of beauty together?
Wrong section?

Maybe someone could explain to me what is going on here and why this has been posted?
Perhaps a fellow rescue squad member could rescue what seems an errant poster.

Or perhaps someone who has been on this thread could kindly explain to Tallica why I would have posted something from another ROMs thread regarding battery issues, the exact same issues as described on this very thread.

PARick, come out from behind the 10 spare batteries you have and at least help a brother out.

I also, and sorry but I have to say it, find it funny that a rescue squad member has come to the regular forums to call me out for posting something relevant, as irrelevant.
When I have posted in the rescue squad section and have never had a single solution offered or any help whatsoever.
Someone should have told me there, that I was posting in the wrong section if I was looking for help.

Tallica, if this comes off as offensive I am sorry, but I found your post to be completely out of bounds, and perhaps, which would really be unfortunate, it seemed as if you really had no clue what belongs in this section, forum, specific thread.

Danceswithbongs
if you cut me, do I not bleed

PARick

Reaction score

Exsqueeze me?
Did you know I have donated to the fine people that put this li'l piece of beauty together?
Wrong section?

Maybe someone could explain to me what is going on here and why this has been posted?

Or perhaps someone who has been on this thread could kindly explain to Tallica why I would have posted something from another ROMs thread regarding battery issues, the exact same issues as described on this very thread.

PARick, come out from behind the 10 spare batteries you have and at least help a brother out.

I also, and sorry but I have to say it, find it funny that a rescue squad member has come to the regular forums to call me out for posting something relevant, as irrelevant.
When I have posted in the rescue squad section and have never had a single solution offered or any help whatsoever.
Someone should have told me there, that I was posting in the wrong section if I was looking for help.

Tallica, if this comes off as offensive I am sorry, but I found your post to be completely out of bounds, and perhaps, which would really be unfortunate, it seemed as if you really had no clue what belongs in this section, forum, specific thread.

Danceswithbongs

I'm with you on this DWB. I found your post both relevant and appropriate to the topic. Haven't been back for awhile or would have seen the response. Actually what you posted is my exact situation.

mkjellgren

Reaction score

Exsqueeze me?
Wrong section?

Danceswithbongs

I'm with you on this DWB. I found your post both relevant and appropriate to the topic. Haven't been back for awhile or would have seen the response. Actually what you posted is my exact situation.

+1

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

eagle1967

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.sourceryrom.com
couple things

Regardinging the set CPU fix. Is everyone good now we appreciate you letting us know there's a problem so we can fix but can you let us know that its fixed so we are sure thanks.

Regarding the other wrong forum stuff misunderstandings happens I know my posts are sometimes taken as being irritating rather than what I am which is concerned because we fight to be bug free and its hard for me to understand what's happening with little info and I think that this maybe what happened here total thread wasn't read to put things into perspective so that's move on I don't want anyone banned for comments. Made after the fact.

And can a rom cause things when the phone I'd turned off? This is a serious question.

bpassino

Reaction score
Just found this in the liquid gb forum and it sounded like something a certain someone has been experiencing, yet on a different ROM.
Entry below from LGBthread:

I hate to keep posting the same thing over and over but I need to find the problem and a fix. When I shut my phone off (I'm not talking about standby) my battery dies incredibly fast. I can have my phone off for 3 hours and I will lose anywhere from 60-80% of my battery.

The problem is not my battery. All other Liquid ROMs I have used have work fine. My phone has great battery life when it is on. Last night I shut my phone off and pulled the battery...this morning the battery charge was exactly the same, no loss.

I thought it might be an app but after doing a complete wipe and fresh install of LGBv1.1 (and with 1.0) and not adding anything but my contacts, I still had the problem.

So at this point I think it is something in the ROM that my phone doesn't like. I noticed that after I shutdown my phone, the screen turns off right away but the backlit keys stay on for a good 5 seconds. Could the backlight fix be causing a problem with keeping the cpu running when the phone is off?

At this point, I wouldn't mind doing a battery pull every night cause I really love this ROM and want to use it. But any help/suggestions/fixes would be nice.
It is either his wife, be she succubus or not, or my theories are incorrect

No suggestion, but this happened to me with PE and i think MIUI. I just attribute it to battery life calculation error. realistically speaking, if the phone is off, it is OFF.

RedRumy3

Reaction score
So far I been running this rom since 2.0 came out and I must say it's very fast, stable, and has lots of features. So far no problems for me, but slayher kernel for some reason made my phone super hot but I switched to P3 kernel and everything is much better, weird though first time I had a problem with slayher kernel, though I just read about issue with it and setcpu but I didn't have that installed so I am not sure why it ran so hot.

Also had launcher pro redraw problems but I fixed that with running command I saw in launcher pro fix thread.

But I will keep running this rom until you update or something happens :) thanks for the hard work on this awesome rom.

listenman20

Reaction score
yes eagle the setcpu fix works...i was waiting to tell you in IRC...but since you asked so nicely, i'll post it here. or atleast it works for me..as i'm on the custom kernel.

Status
Not open for further replies.