[ROM]One small step for man one giant leap for --- Liberty 1.5 2/2/2011

UltraDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 3, straight stock
That was a very good short explanation, maybe the moderators need to put a sticky on the main page explaining the difference between blur and non blur roms. I myself get tired of seeing posts of people who put blurless roms on their phone just to ask for blur features back after install, I cant imagine how nuts the devs. must get! These guys work hard to make these roms please read and ask before you install and if a particular rom doesnt have what you need, Keep looking! You wouldnt buy a corvette and go back to the dealer and ask them to put a 4 cylinder in it, why do you want to take a kick a$$ rom and load it down with blur!

+ 1 to that observation! :)

-Mike

dirtyfingers

Reaction score
Quick question regarding the Liberty Gallery. I used to hide files that clogged up my gallery by adding a period in front of the title using Astro Manager, but that appears to no longer work. Now when I use a period in front of a file name, it still shows up in the gallery. Is this known/intended?

If you want to hide media, create a file called ".nomedia" and place it in the folder you want to hide. So for example, if you don't want a folder on your SD card called "pr0n" appearing in your gallery, you would create the ".nomedia" file and place it in the /pr0n folder.

+1 I had to do this with beautiful Widgets so it wouldn't show up in my gallery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

JoJoLanny

Reaction score
Simply amazing!!!! Thank you. Does the "Serenity" line of themes work with the new LibertyX v1.5? What about the new Crystal X? I am a noobie, would like some help with the installs. Can you provide?

REARless

Reaction score
Quick question regarding the Liberty Gallery. I used to hide files that clogged up my gallery by adding a period in front of the title using Astro Manager, but that appears to no longer work. Now when I use a period in front of a file name, it still shows up in the gallery. Is this known/intended?

If you want to hide media, create a file called ".nomedia" and place it in the folder you want to hide. So for example, if you don't want a folder on your SD card called "pr0n" appearing in your gallery, you would create the ".nomedia" file and place it in the /pr0n folder.

+1 I had to do this with beautiful Widgets so it wouldn't show up in my gallery.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Hmm. I tried this in my /dropcap and /wallpaper folders and they are still showing up in my gallery. Even after reboot. I am using the 2D gallery. The permissions on the .nomedia file are the same as all the other files in the folder.

Any ideas?

Ignore - fixed my own problem. You have to make sure the user can read .nomedia and then reboot for this to work.

Last edited:

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
Simply amazing!!!! Thank you. Does the "Serenity" line of themes work with the new LibertyX v1.5? What about the new Crystal X? I am a noobie, would like some help with the installs. Can you provide?

In the Serenity release notes it says 1.0, so I say no. BigDX Crystal for Liberty 1.5 is all good for this. Just read the OP and it tells you what its compatible with.

//Tap'd on CM8's DX\\

db306

Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have the Gmail hack installed on Liberty 1.5 which automatically downloads the images/pictures?

superglen99

Reaction score
How do I get the microphone to work on the gingerbread keyboard? Its not there and I don't see it in settings.

duvious

Reaction score
Two issues

Love the ROM guys.

I am experiencing force closes when I select the Liberty Settings tab in the settings menu. I have to reflash the ROM to fix it.

Also. The music player controls won't show up on the lock screen.

I am running with the UD theme with ADW EX Linear Theme.

Thanks in advance for the help.

trentmh

Reaction score
Phone reboots when using Bluetooth

Hello All,
I use a Jawbone Icon extensively daily and almost 75% of the time when I'm on a call for longer than 5 minutes, my X will reboot in the middle of the call. Other than this one issue, the phone has been running great. I've reloaded the Rom along with the normal troubleshooting steps yet the problem still persists. Anyone else having this issue and is there a possible fix?

xraytedjim

Reaction score

04CiviCon20s

Reaction score
I just realized I have one MAJOR issue w/this Phenomenal Rom. I have no options to save images. when I get sent a pic, I have round play button which then shows pic but I cannot save or do anything w/it..Help please...

BroForce

Reaction score
tried all the roms on this forum...liberty is by far hands-down the best. just one problem-when using the Linear theme, i am unable to establish a 3g data link. this problem only happens when i use the linear. also, (a suggestion) would it be possible to put music controls in the notification bar?

detox

Reaction score
tried all the roms on this forum...liberty is by far hands-down the best. just one problem-when using the Linear theme, i am unable to establish a 3g data link. this problem only happens when i use the linear. also, (a suggestion) would it be possible to put music controls in the notification bar?

If you're having problems getting service with linear reflash liberty 1.5 without wiping and reboot. Then go back to clockwork mount system and reflash linear without wiping. This should fix the no service issue

sent from my X

chefb

Reaction score
Why go to recovery ...liner is in toolbox right?......eh im probably missing somthing!