[ROM MOD] AOSP Liberty GB

reposter432

Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed a screen positioning issue? I just installed this tonight and it works great. I notice in programs like Root Explorer, the text on the left side is very close to the screen, almost like slight overscan. It looks like the screen is too far over to the left. It's way more noticeable on the phone screen (you can copy it on your phone to see).

I took a screenshot. It's noticeable by the text "/sdcard" and in the second snap "Root Explorer." (ignore that mess at the bottom of the second pic, the screen was about to rotate)

Last edited:

jriv21

Reaction score
Liberty has always been good to me but when CM7 came out, I just had to see what the big deal was. While it's a great rom, for me, it's just not there yet on the DX. I'm sure it will be and the fixes were nice but the biggest thing for me was the battery life.

I use my phone with moderate to heavy use on a daily basis and by the end of the day CM7 was down to about 50% where on Liberty GB it would only get down to about 70% MAYBE 60%. And I'm sure once everything gets ironed out in CM7, I may/may not go back but for now...

I'm excited for Liberty AOSP. It does seem to be a bit snappier than Liberty GB and so far I'm enjoying it. I feel like it's already a complete rom and just knowing I can go a whole day and only 3/4th of the battery makes me feel more comfortable with it.

sigua

Reaction score
I'm having the same experience with cm7. It's really nice as far as features are concerned, but battery life sucks for what I do. I also miss widescreen camera and camcorder.

I just installed the latest nightly, but if things don't get better soon I'll just go back to aosp liberty and wait until cm7 gets worked out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ABQNM

Reaction score
I'm having the same experience with cm7. It's really nice as far as features are concerned, but battery life sucks for what I do. I also miss widescreen camera and camcorder.

I just installed the latest nightly, but if things don't get better soon I'll just go back to aosp liberty and wait until cm7 gets worked out.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

I was on Apex prior to CM7 and I have to agree that battery life in CM7 is less, but by no means bad (for me at least - there appear to be a lot of different experiences with battery life) . I do miss the 720p camcorder, but I can wait on that. Also, the AOSP camera is a true 8MP versus the blur camera that takes the 8MP pic and crops the top and bottom off and it nets a 5MP picture.

Posted wirelessly from the magic handheld forum machine.

Casen

Reaction score
Hey, I have been running this since release, I have no themes or anything. I have just started getting getting FC's every time I try to change the ringtone via settings/sound/phone ringtone. I also get no ringtone when people call (yes the volume is up, no silent mode). I do still get notification ringtones, ie. text message, email etc..

Settings Force Close - Pastebin.com

Here is a log cat of the issue. I called my own phone at around 11:46 or so, made sure i still had no ringtone, hung up, then instantly went into settings/sound/phone ringtone and got a force close, closed it, then opened logcat.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

ABQNM

Reaction score
Hey, I have been running this since release, I have no themes or anything. I have just started getting getting FC's every time I try to change the ringtone via settings/sound/phone ringtone. I also get no ringtone when people call (yes the volume is up, no silent mode). I do still get notification ringtones, ie. text message, email etc..

Settings Force Close - Pastebin.com

Here is a log cat of the issue. I called my own phone at around 11:46 or so, made sure i still had no ringtone, hung up, then instantly went into settings/sound/phone ringtone and got a force close, closed it, then opened logcat.

If anyone can help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

I may be incorrect here, but based on what I see, it appears to be a VM issue. My recommendation would be to boot into CWM and wipe dalvik cache under advanced (and while there you may want to wipe the cache partition too, since it can't hurt). It will take about 3-4 times longer to boot, but it may correct your issue. If that doesn't help, my personal next course of action would be to reinstall a backup or reinstall the ROM over the current install and see if that corrects it.

I am sure others may have more help here.

Casen

Reaction score
I may be incorrect here, but based on what I see, it appears to be a VM issue. My recommendation would be to boot into CWM and wipe dalvik cache under advanced (and while there you may want to wipe the cache partition too, since it can't hurt). It will take about 3-4 times longer to boot, but it may correct your issue. If that doesn't help, my personal next course of action would be to reinstall a backup or reinstall the ROM over the current install and see if that corrects it.

will try, booting up now.

Casen

Reaction score

And, no dice. I was hoping to not have to wipe and reset everything, but it seems I may have to. Thank you for your suggestion.

ABQNM

Reaction score
You could just try re-flashing the ROM over top of the current install that way you don't lose data. Just wipe cache and dalvik again after you do before rebooting CWM. If the problem lies in the data partition, this may not help, but having to wipe and start over can be a pain.

Casen

Reaction score
You could just try re-flashing the ROM over top of the current install that way you don't lose data. Just wipe cache and dalvik again after you do before rebooting CWM. If the problem lies in the data partition, this may not help, but having to wipe and start over can be a pain.

that sounds like a fantastic idea. will report on the outcome

Casen

Reaction score

And, same issue.... I may have to wipe... sad panda

ABQNM

Reaction score
It was worth a shot. I typically use these "I have to wipe" situations as an excuse to try a new ROM.

Once you wipe and set up everything the way you like it and it is working, I highly recommend making a backup in CWM so you have a new clean state with all your apps and settings so if anything happens again, you only lose everything since then. Periodic backups are recommended as well, but at least this gives you a base image.

Casen

Reaction score
Well, now when I go to menu: settings/Sound/phone ringtone, my phone hangs, then reboots at the boot animation. It doesn't go back to the boot logo though.

Sent from my DROIDX

pcpimp

Reaction score
Justice is out! I am going to wait to see what everyone thinks first. I wonder when AOSP will be updated? Or will it?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I doubt Liberty AOSP will be updated since its not even in the toolbox. JMO though...

Liberty Gingercomb v.09