[ROM MOD] AOSP Liberty GB

ufg8tor1

Reaction score
I love this ROM. However, I believe that I have discovered a small, but annoying, bug. Every time that I attempt to turn the volume of my Bluetooth headset up (on the earpiece) it disconnects and the only way to re-connect it is to re-boot the phone. Any idea as to how to fix it? FYI, it is a Blue Ant unit. Had no problems with this on Liberty GB.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its something to do with the ROM and there isn't a fix for it. Apex has that issue also

Liberty Justice

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is based off of the .596 Gingerbread build. It is not a true AOSP ROM like Justice, Liquid or CM7.

Justice boots off the Froyo kernel also. The customization is greater on Justice, but right now it isn't as stable. Its only been out for 2 days though

CM7-4-DX

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Justice has more customization than cm? That's crazy. It seems like I can do anything on cm!

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Justice has more customization than cm? That's crazy. It seems like I can do anything on cm!

CM74D2

No, I meant it has way more customization than Liberty AOSP or Apex. Justice has a little bit less customization than CM7.

CM7-4-DX

lutious

Reaction score
I hope this thing isn't losing steam. I switched over yesterday from CM7 due to a wifi issue I was having (re:802.1x networks), and I have to say that I absolutely LOVE this thing. Thanks to the dev(s).

Only issue is I have to reset my wallpaper on reboot sometimes. No biggie with how smooth this is running though.

musclemilk

Reaction score
I love liberty. 8 super stable and good battery.

Apex didn't work well on my device.

My number 1 is battery life!

Has everyone noticed a n increase in battery compared to liberty.8 or.9??

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
The only difference between the two is an updated market and superuser. I'm guessing there is no change. There wasn't one on my d2

CM74D2

falseprofits

Reaction score
This is based off of the .596 Gingerbread build. It is not a true AOSP ROM like Justice, Liquid or CM7.

Justice boots off the Froyo kernel also. The customization is greater on Justice, but right now it isn't as stable. Its only been out for 2 days though

CM7-4-DX

It's not that it's not a true "AOSP ROM" - most of the system apps are just compiled from source rather than the ones that are compiled from Motorola - so most of the apps are compiled from source, but the actual ROM is not. Think of the ROM as the framework that the apps run on.

This is based off of Liberty GB .8 which is based off of a Motorola / Verizon Gingerbread OTA - so technically it's a mod of a mod of a Motorola / Verizon closed source ROM.

Justice is a mod of Cyanogen from a ported Cyanogen. And Cyanogen is community and source compiled from the ground up. So it's like the framework is all open source rather than just apps (though they are compiled from source as well).

I still prefer this ROM to Justice and Liberty though (even though I did drop back on the Blur Camera and Alarm just as a personal preference). So technically you could even call that a mod of a mod of a mod to OTA Gingerbread. Fun stuff all this modding. Really it's all in the wording.

But what it comes down to is that Cyanogen is written and compiled from source code.

Liberty and Liberty based ROMs are built off Motorola / Verizon's release. Capeesh?

lutious

Reaction score
Thank falseprofits, for some reason I actually hadn't pieced together that this was built from the Moto base... although I knew it was from the "normal" Liberty, so I just hadn't connected the dots. Very coherent explanation :) When it comes down to it, I don't care too much. So far this is the best my phone has run in a long time.

(I had to get the Blur Camera too)

Last edited:

lutious

Reaction score
I finally got around to zipaligning since moving to aosp liberty a couple of days ago. It's been running for just over an hour... and still going. Has anyone else had any issues with this? Is it better to run from Liberty toolbox or from Root tools?

riadav

Reaction score
I finally got around to zipaligning since moving to aosp liberty a couple of days ago. It's been running for just over an hour... and still going. Has anyone else had any issues with this? Is it better to run from Liberty toolbox or from Root tools?

I had to use root tools when I did it and it finished pretty quickly...

lutious

Reaction score
I ended up killing it after 3 hours :p I ran it from terminal emulator and it said only 2 of 154 needed to be aligned. It finished in a few seconds.

sfreemanoh

Reaction score
Do the LGB .8+ themes work with this? I prefer basic themes with battery percentage icons, and none of the three listed in this post are my cup of tea...