[ROM] MinimalX

OP
C

C21johnson

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I'll just stick to stock launcher and let you install whatever you wish over top of that. But I do highly recommend Zeam to those looking for top notch performance with basic customization.

magman

Reaction score
and i cant seem to find how to unlock home so my supercharger settings will stick unless there is another reason y it isnt sticking ive looked all over setting unless im over looking it anyone know?

magman

Reaction score
Stock and ads lol I thought they all used the same but I guess you wouldn't have asked if that where true

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Important Information For Beginners

When Adding Apk's And .Odex's Back Into The System/App Folder Along With Changing The Permissions You MUST Restart Your Phone In Order For It To Take Affect. Otherwise Your Going To Be Screaming "Why Doesn't It Work!?"

MistaWolfe

Reaction score
When Adding Apk's And .Odex's Back Into The System/App Folder Along With Changing The Permissions You MUST Restart Your Phone In Order For It To Take Affect. Otherwise Your Going To Be Screaming "Why Doesn't It Work!?"

Can you repost that without all the unnecessary capital letters? Hard on me eyeballs...

Thanks.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I think he is typing with caps lock on. The forum changes that to the first letter of every word capitilized. Either way, I agree, it is annoying to read.

LGX v2.4

vvildcard

Reaction score
Back on topic... I had quite the phone adventure today. I went from a fresh MinimalX and tried copying all the APK and ODEX files back in to /system/app and it ended up crashing for some reason during the copy process. So I rebooted (pulled battery because it became unresponsive) and it would hang at the droid "eye" animation. This means I couldn't get into clockwork recovery, so I did a factory reset using the built-in recovery. This got me fully booted, but I couldn't get past the screen where you touch the android to get started (I could pull down the notification bar, but not actually "click" anything).

So I ended up having to SBF it back to full stock (worked flawlessly). First things first, I verified the calendar was working... it sync'd with Google immediately. I installed Gingerbreak and Bootstrap to get back into clockwork recovery and applied MemoryX. Everything works wonferfully... no calendar, but I expected that. I've since added every calendar-related APK/ODEX to /system/app and still can't get it to sync. Everything is working perfectly except the calendar! I can use Titanium to restore any app except, you guessed it, Calendar and Calendar Sync.

I've triple-checked permissions, all the other suggestions and everything I can find/think of... but no luck, at all.

Any ideas anyone?

MistaWolfe

Reaction score

If you don't change the way you type you're gonna get flamed on every forum you visit. I have a feeling I have been around the internets longer than you (based on your name you're 19/20 at best) and I can tell you people don't like typing that is unnatural. Look at the all caps guy. How many friends does he have? Exactly. Good job being his baby brother.

You will thank me when you're older and have a job in corporate America. Send one of your classic typing style emails to a recruiter or boss, and you'll be flipping burgers in no time.

Like I said on XDA, you can thank me later :)

P.S. Not trying to be a jerk, as you do actually have some helpful posts. Do I think you're the forum master? No. However, you might be more popular if you stopped typing like a 10 year old on MySpace.

Just sayin...

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

If you don't change the way you type you're gonna get flamed on every forum you visit. I have a feeling I have been around the internets longer than you (based on your name you're 19/20 at best) and I can tell you people don't like typing that is unnatural. Look at the all caps guy. How many friends does he have? Exactly. Good job being his baby brother.

You will thank me when you're older and have a job in corporate America. Send one of your classic typing style emails to a recruiter or boss, and you'll be flipping burgers in no time.

P.S. Not trying to be a jerk, as you do actually have some helpful posts. Do I think you're the forum master? No. However, you might be more popular if you stopped typing like a 10 year old on MySpace.

Just sayin...

Ya I'm 24, I Used To Be A Self-Employed Carpenter And Then On November 25, 2009 The House I Was Working On, I Fell 26Ft To A Concrete Floor Landing On My Head. I Should Be Dead. I Use To Be The Backbone Of Society And Now I'm Physically Disabled. I'll Be Nice And Show You A Couple Pictures. So As I've Said Before I Will Write How I Want.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 184

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score
Back on topic... I had quite the phone adventure today. I went from a fresh MinimalX and tried copying all the APK and ODEX files back in to /system/app and it ended up crashing for some reason during the copy process. So I rebooted (pulled battery because it became unresponsive) and it would hang at the droid "eye" animation. This means I couldn't get into clockwork recovery, so I did a factory reset using the built-in recovery. This got me fully booted, but I couldn't get past the screen where you touch the android to get started (I could pull down the notification bar, but not actually "click" anything).

So I ended up having to SBF it back to full stock (worked flawlessly). First things first, I verified the calendar was working... it sync'd with Google immediately. I installed Gingerbreak and Bootstrap to get back into clockwork recovery and applied MemoryX. Everything works wonferfully... no calendar, but I expected that. I've since added every calendar-related APK/ODEX to /system/app and still can't get it to sync. Everything is working perfectly except the calendar! I can use Titanium to restore any app except, you guessed it, Calendar and Calendar Sync.

I've triple-checked permissions, all the other suggestions and everything I can find/think of... but no luck, at all.

Any ideas anyone?

I Know All 4 Files Need Permissions To Be Set As The Picture Below. Then Restart The Phone For Them To Take Affect.

Attachments

• screen_20110722_1142.jpg
    screen_20110722_1142.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 185

MistaWolfe

Reaction score

Just sayin...

Ya I'm 24, I Used To Be A Self-Employed Carpenter And Then On November 25, 2009 The House I Was Working On, I Fell 26Ft To A Concrete Floor Landing On My Head. I Should Be Dead. I Use To Be The Backbone Of Society And Now I'm Physically Disabled. I'll Be Nice And Show You A Couple Pictures. So As I've Said Before I Will Write How I Want.

That sucks man - I'm honestly sorry for the bum rap.

Still... the typing. It just hurts the eyes man. It really does. Like I said, not trying to be a jerk.

MikeJ92YJ

Reaction score

Just sayin...

That sucks man - I'm honestly sorry for the bum rap.

Still... the typing. It just hurts the eyes man. It really does. Like I said, not trying to be a jerk.

I'm Sorry It Hurts Your Eyes And Some Other People Don't Like It. I've Been Doing It For Over 10 Years Now, It's Literally Second Nature.