1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

Replace included android keyboard?

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by myriad46, Nov 16, 2011.

1. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

I would like to replace the included keyboard that is part of the liberty ROM with a stock GB version (Blur or otherwise). I have done this in the past and thougth the process was as easy as replacing 2 files, restarting the phone, running the APK and then selecting it. The files that I have tried replacing are system/app/LatinIME.apk and the associated library file, system/lib/libjni_latinime.so. I replace these with ones taken from another Rom, restart, navigate to the APK file, run it, go into settings, select "multi-touch keyboard" and.......I get continual force closes. Am i missing something. Are there any other filed I need to remove or copy over? Any help would be appreciated. Love the ROM, but can't seem to type worth a damn on the included keyboard.
  2. michael7168

michael7168 New Member

Did you remember to set permissions after you moved the Latin.ime apk? I personally use go keyboard with many different themes out for it

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums
  3. myriad46

myriad46 New Member

I have tried to replace it on a few occasions. One of the times, I did play with the permissions, and it didn't seem to make a difference. I'm thinking, the issue is replacing the LatinIME that is already there, rather than installing an additional keyboard. I've since installed the new ICS keyboard which is working for now. I'm suprised there aren't keyboard options in Liberty Customizer or in Rom Toolbox, to be honest. I've tried tweeting JRummy and KeJar about it, but they have yet to answer.
Search tags for this page
android cant replace stock keyboard
change default keyboard of rom
change keyboard android rom
change stock android keyboard
change the stock keyboard to the system

droid 3 remove keyboard

how change the system keyboard in android
how to change keyboard in rom
how to change keyboard theme android
how to replace android keyboard custom rom
install android keyboard in /system