[ROM] MinimalX

Discussion in 'Droid X2 Development' started by C21johnson, Jul 18, 2011.

1. C21johnson

C21johnson Premium Member
    Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Most definitely, because I agree with you 100%. Unfortunately, the images I inserted were converted to rather low res in comparison to what they actually are and is giving the ROM kind of a disgruntled look. The next update you can expect stock theme back (minus the launcher dock at the bottom -- that big white thing is fugly), but also multiple flushable themes.

And that brings about a question for the community. What color themes would you like to see? Or what kind of theme in general? If you have a certain theme you like, and would like to see it, provide reference pictures and I'll try to reproduce it.

Thanks all!

I know exactly what you mean, im a victim of this as well. I'll work on it, but cannot guarantee it will make next release.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

2. vvildcard

vvildcard Member

Ratings:
    +1
    Backed everything up with TB and nandroid, then did a full cache/factory clear... I will also say it runs really fast and, so far, stable. That said, I've had a few minor issues:

1. On first boot, I couldn't get any keyboard to come up. I thought I was stuck for a while because I couldn't figure out how to get past the Google account sign-up... I eventually discovered you could skip the entire setup by going all the way back to the beginning of the 'wizard'.
    2. No Calendar (can't get any calendar app to sync with my Google Calendar)
    3. No Gmail (Restored with TB and it's working)
    4. When restoring some apps (Alarm & Clock 2.2.2 and Calendar 2.2.2), TB freezes. Other apps are restoring just fine... This obviously may be a TB problem, but I suspect it's somehow related to the ROM. So far, the only way to get TB to stop attempting to restore the apps is to reboot the phone.

Here are my AnTuTu results from before/after the ROM:
    RAM: 616/626
    CPU Integer: 1088/1105
    CPU float-point: 985/992
    2D Graphics: 294/299
    3D Graphics: 1074/1090
    Database IO: 295/325
    SD Card Write: 36/43
    SD Card Read: 76/80
    Total Score: 4464/4560

Not an incredible increase, but an increase none-the-less. These are only single samples, so they may not be indicative of an actual performance increase... but that aside, the phone is super-snappy and I haven't even gotten around to SuperCharging, yet. :)

3. vvildcard

vvildcard Member

Ratings:
    +1
    I've always preferred streamlined themes with glassy effects, blues and black... I generally distrust themes that are over-the-top because in almost every case, something from the default UI leaks through or breaks something.

4. C21johnson

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for posting this :) I'm glad the ROM is getting some recognition. Hopefully this will spark the interest of other devs for the X2 community. And my name is Corey, not Chris. Chris is one of the guys whom I believe wrote the article.

Perhaps if you move the GoogleQuickSearch.apk to /system/app/ it will reconfigure with the search button. Unsure if this will absolutely work, but either way, the apk will be provided in the next update and everything should work as intended.

I'm sorry that this ROM doesn't fulfill your needs. My plan was to make a barebones ROM and allow users to add to it freely depending on what they use. Unfortunately, there aren't alternatives to some things I removed.

This brings me to an idea of creating an Bloatify station. This would either be included with the ROM or an outside apk. What this would do is allow you to select what bloat you wish to add back to the ROM. This will download it from an outside server and install it in the correct locations to allow desired bloat function. This is something im looking at in the distant future.

I'm assuming you are talking about the one I created for this ROM?

I will post it once I have access to my computer.

1. I'm working on this. The Moto input method is set to be the booted keyboard as of now. Once I completely remove all traces of it, it should change.

For anyone else who gets stuck, long click the text box and select input method, and choose a different keyboard.

2. Yeah, calendar sync was accidentally removed. I plan on adding it back.

3. Gmail can be downloaded easily, so I chose to leave it out. Im glad it works though once restored.

4. I will look into this as well. I also believe this is ROM related, but unfortunately, as of now, I have no idea as to the reasoning.

Keep the feedback coming! Thanks a lot!

5. elmatador

elmatador New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    I seem to be having same problem. I actually installed v6 and SD Speed and still have problem. Tried rebooting to no avail. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

6. BigManRobDX2

BigManRobDX2 New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Works great for me! Thanks!

7. zakth

zakth Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Well after installing those two and rebooting the problem went away for me. I wish I would have made a logcat (if that's even possible on this phone) so that we would have a better idea of what's happening. If you are still having the problem try searching logcat on the market and see if you can capture what happens when the contacts list pops up and then send that to the developer. The only other thing I can think of is maybe doing a battery pull?

8. elmatador

elmatador New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the quick response. I reinstalled supercharger and rebooted, and problem seems gone. I will try to do a battery pull if that doesn't work.

9. elmatador

elmatador New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Bad news. It's still happening after battery pull. Maybe I'll have to reinstall. Any suggestions before I do that?

Thanks!

10. C21johnson

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Generally, about how often does it pop up?

Also, did you do a data wipe prior to installing? I ask, because it may be something related and would be easier for me to troubleshoot.

I'm sorry you're having problems, but thank you very much for the feedback.

11. elmatador

elmatador New Member

Ratings:
    +0
    It mainly does it when the screen is going to time out. Right before it screen turns off. Yes, I did a data wipe/factory reset before installing. I already had removed some bloatware myself prior to installing. I'll try sbf'ing back to stock and then install minimalx again. I don't mind the challenge and am grateful this is out. Thanks for your prompt response.

12. C21johnson

Premium Member Developer

Ratings:
    +0
    Hmm, I'm wondering why the screen timeout could possibly conflict with the applications. Please let me know if SBFing and re-flashing over stock fixes the problem. Thanks for your willingness to thoroughly test this for me. All previous testing of this ROMs public release was done solely by me.

Search tags for this page
droid one minimal rom
fastest minimal rom for droid x
htc pi 4610i
minimal roms droidx
minimal x driod

minimal x rom

minimal x v.beta 2.0
minimalx rom
minimalx rom driod x2
nvflash for droid x2