ROM Manager Issue round 10

hahn

Reaction score
Anyone else having a problem when trying to flash SPRecovery and then going into recovery mode?

I get stuck on the Motorola Sign. After pulling the battery and trying the hold x method, it skips over recovery and gets stuck again at the Motorola Sign. I can enter bootloader, but thats it.

Then, after leaving the battery out for a while, I power it on, leave it on the Motorola Sign and eventually (no joke 20 minutes later) it just restarts as if nothing happened.

I found that out after multiple FAILED attempts to run RSDLite (which does not make me feel safer) (I get stuck at a greyed out 'start' then after a forced flash through CMD it just plain fails - but thats for another post).

I'm running Froyo (FRF57) through Ultimate Droid 1.5;

ROM Manager Premium v2.0.0.2
ClockworkMod 2.0.1.3
SPRecovery 0.99.3b
Baseband C_01.3E.03P
Kernel 2.6.32-ulowV-1.2Ghz, chevyno1@ubuntu #3

I don't think this is a known issue, or at least I wasn't able to find a solution on the site (any with better searching skills then I?)

Much appreciated.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Not sure if this relates or not; when I use RM to re-flash SPR, I have found that if it doesn't complete the re-flash quickly, I will have problems with SPR or booting into SPR. If it re-flashes quickly I have no problems. I now pay attention and if it re-flashes slow, I immediately re-flash it again until it does it quickly.

ChevyNo1

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Not sure if this relates or not; when I use RM to re-flash SPR, I have found that if it doesn't complete the re-flash quickly, I will have problems with SPR or booting into SPR. If it re-flashes quickly I have no problems. I now pay attention and if it re-flashes slow, I immediately re-flash it again until it does it quickly.

That is EXACTLY the same observation I made

jayman350

Reaction score
I found that out after multiple FAILED attempts to run RSDLite (which does not make me feel safer) (I get stuck at a greyed out 'start' then after a forced flash through CMD it just plain fails - but thats for another post).

I had a similar problem while on 2.0.something. I had to push sprecovery via rsdlite and use an old nandroid backup to restore.

what OS are you attempting to rsdlite on? I was unable to get it to run correctly on Vista 64 and had to find an XP computer here at work to get it to flash.... just something to think about. I have not yet tried it on win7.

OP
H

hahn

Reaction score
I had a similar problem while on 2.0.something. I had to push sprecovery via rsdlite and use an old nandroid backup to restore.

what OS are you attempting to rsdlite on? I was unable to get it to run correctly on Vista 64 and had to find an XP computer here at work to get it to flash.... just something to think about. I have not yet tried it on win7.

Yeah, I tried it Win 7. I have an XP somewhere around this house. Thats something to remember if i ever need to try again. Thanks.

OP
H

hahn

Reaction score

I have noticed that it takes sometime to load. I usually reflash ClockworkMod and the SPRecovery alternatively to no avail. I'll try just flashing the SPRecovery multiple times in a row and see if it does it quickly. Maybe thats the "solution."

Still, this and a couple of other issues I've seen make me question the soundness of ROM Manager. Are these just annoyances, or are they systemic and critical issues that have not or cannot be addressed?

OP
H

hahn

Reaction score
Close Thread

I see that my post has been moved to the correct forum. Thanks. This is the place I failed to find earlier. Seems my issue is pretty standard. So far, just reflashing SPRecovery over and over again seems to work. I would hate to have to do an RSDLite (which so far has been problematic).

Quick shout. I like ROM Manager, I think it has a lot of usefulness and potential for growth. I just get quessy messing with SPRecovery, cause its a proven stable thing, and I hate RSDLite solutions.

Reaction score

I have noticed that it takes sometime to load. I usually reflash ClockworkMod and the SPRecovery alternatively to no avail. I'll try just flashing the SPRecovery multiple times in a row and see if it does it quickly. Maybe thats the "solution."

Still, this and a couple of other issues I've seen make me question the soundness of ROM Manager. Are these just annoyances, or are they systemic and critical issues that have not or cannot be addressed?

They all have to do from the 2.2 Froyo leaks that were being installed. I had some issues too and went to cyanogenmod.com and that was the solution.
There was no problem all the leaks were messing it up.

This is just what I read. I'm sure once all the Froyo is calmed down then the issues will evaporate.