[ROM] Liberty Gingerbread

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshdub

Reaction score
Okay so right now I'm running v.06 on my droidx and have only one problem. I can't sync my facebook account with my phone anymore and haven't been able to do so since going to gingerbread.
So I'm just wondering, is there a way for me to sync them or is this a known problem?
But other than that this is a great rom, thank you very much :D

Edit: also, is there a way to add a power down animation or picture?

Facebook sync is fixed in v0.7

JerryB

Reaction score
Maybe this is stated somewhere but... I am not finding the themes in Liberty Toolbox. Are there themes in the toolbox for LGB .6???

Thanks!

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
No not yet. If you're on a d2 you're SOL it seems but on a dx, you have some choices. Look around the forums.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

zer0ed77

Reaction score
Liberty Team,

Is there a simpler way to upgrade a Froyo Liberty 2.0 device to Liberty GB? I understand 2.0.1 and below are no longer supported, but an upgrade path GB Liberty should be, especially since Liberty GB isn't even on a major version, yet.

Is it possible for the Liberty Toolbox to include upgrade ROMs for a while longer. I really would like to upgrade my GF's device to LB GB from LB 2.0. I have paid for the Toolbox and I am also a donator. SBFing to jump back on the Liberty bus is a bit drastic. The files aren't even on Droid-Life. The links keep going up and down.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I didn't have to sbf to get on lgb. As long as you're on a froyo rom just do a wipe, install the gb leak and then lgb. Pretty much the same process as you're asking for.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

zer0ed77

Reaction score
I didn't have to sbf to get on lgb. As long as you're on a froyo rom just do a wipe, install the gb leak and then lgb. Pretty much the same process as you're asking for.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Thanks for the feedback. The thing is, I have read too many folks that have had issues doing the exact method you mentioned. Also, the installer for v0.7 GB Liberty even warns the system MUST already be on a GB leak.

I just re-read your post. Do you have a link to that GB leak? Want to ensure I get the correct one.

Last edited:

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I have one for the d2. I'm telling you though it is all over these forms. I believe it's an xda thread called gb, something for everyone. Google search it. I would do it for you but im at a doc appt ;!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

zer0ed77

Reaction score
I have one for the d2. I'm telling you though it is all over these forms. I believe it's an xda thread called gb, something for everyone. Google search it. I would do it for you but im at a doc appt ;!

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Thanks, man. I'll look for it. Just want to be sure I find the correct one. A lot of the links are bad or expired. There's a lot of conflicting info, but I think I'll try your method. Thanks!!!

Sithlrdvad

Reaction score

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Thanks, man. I'll look for it. Just want to be sure I find the correct one. A lot of the links are bad or expired. There's a lot of conflicting info, but I think I'll try your method. Thanks!!!

Hope this links help you:

Droid X Gingerbread 4.5.588 Rooted Installation Guide (THIS IS THE LATEST VERSION) - Droid X Releases - AllDroid Public Board

http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/02/another-droidx-gingerbread-leaks-version-4-5-591/http://www.droid-life.com/2011/05/28/download-official-droidx-gingerbread-4-5-596-for-rooted-users/

Or this helpful post from Kovelesky:

Use these instructions if on 2.0.1 or v0.1-0.5 of Liberty, in order to get your phone ready to flash LGB v0.6 or newer:

1) Root your phone
2) Install bootstrap recovery

3) Make sure you are on Gingerbread 4.5.596

4) Reboot into clockwork recovery
5) Select "wipe data/factory reset" (this will wipe your device)
6) select "Yes -- delete all data"
7) Go back "powerbutton"
8) Select "install zip from sdcard"
9) Select "choose zip from sdcard"
10) Find and select the ROM you downloaded
11) Reboot

And there you go. :)

The post was made on this Thread:
http://www.droidforums.net/forum/liberty-rom-dx/151233-how-best-upgrade-liberty-2-0-1-lgb.html

Last edited:

zer0ed77

Reaction score

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
This is how I did it
Liberty 2.0.1 (froyo) to cw, wipe, install gb leak, reboot
Dl liberty gb to cw, wipe, install liberty gb
Done.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Nepenthe

Reaction score

I am sorry if this post seems dumb, but I am little lost.

I am a donated member on Liberty 2.01 and was looking to go to GB. Everything I have found so far says you need to be on Gingerbread 4.5.596, but you need to on 2.3.340 first. I have found things that tell you how to get back to 2.3.340 if you are on another leak, but when I went to Liberty 2.01 I was on 2.2.1, and I can't find anything that tells you how to get from 2.2.1 to 2.3.340. I know it is right here somewhere, but I am just not seeing it. Can someone point me into the right directions to get to the GD 2.3.340.

thank you
Nepenthe

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're getting confused. The android version is the 2.2.1, but the system ver is (. 340). Liberty 2.0.1 is android ver 2.2.1, system ver 340 so you're good.
If you're on liberty 2.0.1, then you are on the right system ver to jump on gb.

Droid 2 Liberty GB v0.7

Status
Not open for further replies.