[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.1 - 11.13.2010 - Generic Android

kiyanofosho

Reaction score
i like your work, seriously i do..... my only concern, you are too arrogant and don't look ahead for any "heaven ring" between you and others. thats the only thing it makes my phone crazy, after that, you rock on your job, there are no doubts about that!... we are humans i know not droids

VERY well spoken!

MrKleen

Reaction score
Themes will start rolling out today. Fission Black Edition was released, made by yours truly :)

More will be coming out as the day goes by...

Greatest Rom!!

Black edition with 10% battery meter coming?

thx

Maybe, doubt it unless someone out there makes it. Work is being scaled back a large amount on ROM...

Why is work being scaled back on the rom? I thought I read yesterday that there were new members of the team and things were going like gangbusters.

TRVSDKSN

Reaction score
Rocking this with Minimalist theme! Fast, smooth, Great.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

crome1115

Reaction score
it will run the older version themes but if you look at the post ang put up when someone else said they were using one of the themes for prev version of fission, he said that he's not sure what they did to their framework for fission 2.1 features..will run but may effect the way the rom works. i was using nextheme on fission 2.1rc3 and it seemed to work fine...now using 2.1 final with black fission theme..loving it.. almost like having nextheme..cant wait till others get reworked to work with final 2.1

Reaction score
Thanks. I didn't realize they had ported them for 2.1 yet. Keep up the amazing work.

nalby

Reaction score
I have a real noob ?, when you install Fission you end up with a "new out of the box phone" what does that mean exactly. is everything gone (apps ,contacts, etc) if it is how do you get it back from a back up without messing up fission. sorry I really like the rom alot but I just want to be sure I know the whole picture. thanks

MrKleen

Reaction score
I have a real noob ?, when you install Fission you end up with a "new out of the box phone" what does that mean exactly. is everything gone (apps ,contacts, etc) if it is how do you get it back from a back up without messing up fission. sorry I really like the rom alot but I just want to be sure I know the whole picture. thanks

That means that the phone does not have Blur. The Android operating system is like it was meant to be, like on the D1.

mjones1052

Reaction score
Hey peeps,

I'm knew to the Droid circuit having spent the past 4 years cooking WinMo ROMs...so please have patience with me and my learning curve! :)

I've just installed the (awesome) Fission Vanilla 2.1 ROM. The only think I want and can't get running is Verizon's VVM. I prefer to stick with this option.

I can download the VVM .apk (I almost typed '.cab') and try to run it after install, but I get the message that my phone already includes a version of VVM better suited for my phone. I've tried installing the .apk that came (and worked) with the OEM ROM, but it just crashes during install.

I've tried switching a setting in a .prop file, as suggested by a post on XDA, to no avail.

Any help our guidance appreciated! I'd hate to roll back to my rooted OEM SBF just for that one app.

Landlocked

I use google voice, then set up my vvm with that... I'm pretty sure its the only way on this rom.

Have to ask, why does anyone pay for VVM when Google offers the same exact service for free? That is tied in with your phone and you can use it to make internet calls and everything else.

trook

Reaction score
Have to ask, why does anyone pay for VVM when Google offers the same exact service for free? That is tied in with your phone and you can use it to make internet calls and everything else.[/QUOTE]

I Don't know either... Can someone running this rom please let me know whether your getting market app update notifications? I'm not and its bugging me. I haven't gotten a single notification that an app has an availible update and thats not normal for me, I get 7 or 8 a day easy. Thanks

TRVSDKSN

Reaction score
Oh my Dang the Battery Life on this ROM is Ridiculously good.

Airos4

Reaction score
Just donated, thanks for all your hard work that makes my new D2 a lot more livable.

Question for you - or request, I guess. My old D1 running CyanogenMod 6 had the feature that when I would tap the power button to wake the screen up, it jumped straight to the pattern lock screen instead of having to do "slide to unlock" and then enter the pattern. Do you know how that worked? Can that be in a new Fission update at some point? It's little, but driving me nuts.