[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.2.1 + Fission ROM Manager - Generic Android - Happy Turkey Day

ahampton82

Reaction score
Droid 2 Gallery

Anyone know where the Droid 2 Gallery app is. It is usually in the fission folder but not anymore. Is there a reason it was removed?

Desicrator

Reaction score
If you look at their change log, 2.2.2 is already out. It's donator-only though, which is a clear violation of the GPL(the license that android is released under).

I'm just trying to keep Team Defuse out of any possible legal trouble...

Now if only they would release the source...

Fission 2.2.2 is already out in beta. It's not final yet, and when it's final, it's released to everyone. How about you quit stepping on their toes, and let them make a buck for all their time?

Actually, Fission ROM Manager lists it as being final.

I see nothing wrong with them making money off of this, but this whole "Contributionware" charade is ridiculous.
Call it what it is, they are SELLING their ROM and releasing old versions for free.

Why is everybody filling all the info theads with all this complaints go start a new thread and state your pov there but we need to keep these threads clean of this stuff, so people don't have to flip through 5 pages, to get information about a Tom they want to flash.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Anyone know where the Droid 2 Gallery app is. It is usually in the fission folder but not anymore. Is there a reason it was removed?

I have it.

Actually, Fission ROM Manager lists it as being final.

I see nothing wrong with them making money off of this, but this whole "Contributionware" charade is ridiculous.
Call it what it is, they are SELLING their ROM and releasing old versions for free.

If you don't agree with it, don't support them. If you don't agree with it, don't use their ROM. However, I think they deserve every penny they've received. They've made the D2 much more user-friendly.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Posting of swype is no allowed in the Droid Forum. Next time and you will get 30 day vacation.

abhoward9

Reaction score
Posting of swype is no allowed in the Droid Forum. Next time and you will get 30 day vacation.
sorry, what is the reasoning behind this?

If I'm not mistaken, it is due to the fact that Swype is a proprietary application to Verizon.
you definitely are mistaken seeing as swype's website shows it as being on the mytouch 4g, the samsung galaxy S/tab, the HTC HD2, and a bunch of other devices

mjones1052

Reaction score
It's because you can't buy or get Swype without being in the beta. So any copies of Swype that are out there are hacked and against the companies policies, essentially, it's a pirated program if your putting it on a device that either didn't come with it, or without the official Swype installer.

If you want a Swype like keyboard with a ton of customization options check out Ultra Keyboard in the market.

ttlycnfuzd

Reaction score

So... basically what you are saying is that the Swype.apk can be posted in the Droid2 hacks section (under droid2 source apk's - here ) but cannot be posted seperatly? hrm... seems a bit odd to me...

abhoward9

Reaction score
It's because you can't buy or get Swype without being in the beta. So any copies of Swype that are out there are hacked and against the companies policies, essentially, it's a pirated program if your putting it on a device that either didn't come with it, or without the official Swype installer.

If you want a Swype like keyboard with a ton of customization options check out Ultra Keyboard in the market.
As opposed to ROMS and hacked bootloaders which are well within Motorola's policies...

firefurby

Reaction score
Anyone else seeing graphics issue with this ROM? When I am trying to get a GPS lock the screen flashes. I have experienced this in the camera and Gowalla. I have installed the D2 framework and camera. TIA

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
what is the name of the framework file in Fission/Add_On that gets the battery percentage? Also, I saw a screen shot of a black notification bar. Is there an add on for that too? I'm new with roms and the droid 2 I've been on a droid 1 for the past year.

firefurby

Reaction score
what is the name of the framework file in Fission/Add_On that gets the battery percentage? Also, I saw a screen shot of a black notification bar. Is there an add on for that too? I'm new with roms and the droid 2 I've been on a droid 1 for the past year.

Vanilla_framework.9.D2.10percent.zip

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I don't have that file in the Fission/Add_On directory. Do I need to download it somewhere and just put it in the Add_On folder?

patmw123

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
I figured out the black bar.zip which was located in the Fission/Add_On directory...but I am still having trouble locating the battery percentage.zip. Can someone tell me if it comes preinstalled on the sd card of it is something I need to download and then put on my sd card?