[ROM]Fission Vanilla 2.1 - 11.13.2010 - Generic Android

devinhfox

Reaction score
So I installed this rom and like it but I use visual voicemail and when I install on stock d2 rom it tells me there is already a voicemail rom installed (blur comes with 'voicemail'). But with fission, there is no 'voicemail' app. When I try to install visual voice mail, it tells me the phone already has one installed. But it doesn't.
How can I install the visual voice mail (blur or otherwise) on this rom?

trook

Reaction score
I don't think you can install vvm on fission. I could be wrong but I set up a google voice account and set up my vvm through that.

crome1115

Reaction score
hey Ang..this rom is awesome...loving it...i am actually oc my d2 at 1300..running smooth..fast...and for the previous poster that asked about rebooting.. i have read in the market ratings that JRummy's oc app has actually been causing lots of people to start rebooting or boot looping since his last update..im using unstable apps over clocker and having no problems what so ever..Hey Ang..you mention only using themes made for 2.1 but i havent seen any on your website.. any time frame on themes for this rom? just curious..can keep it the way it is and would still be happy with it.. =)

bossofindy

Reaction score
Two things 1. Themes please. 2. Mute doesn't work while on bluetooth don't know about handset. I like the rom . 3. Themes please black bar at least

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
Themes will start rolling out today. Fission Black Edition was released, made by yours truly :)

More will be coming out as the day goes by...

stigmax2

Reaction score
Themes will start rolling out today. Fission Black Edition was released, made by yours truly :)

Greatest Rom!!

Black edition with 10% battery meter coming?

thx

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score

Greatest Rom!!

Black edition with 10% battery meter coming?

thx

Maybe, doubt it unless someone out there makes it. Work is being scaled back a large amount on ROM...

microsnook

Reaction score
Ang
There is an old saying.
You can please most of the people some of time but you can't please all the people all the time.
My wife just got a D2(I got a D1) and it's people like you I admire. I sure can't do this stuff.
Thanks for all your hard work. I for one appreciate it.

Yea me too. Im no longer rooted, but I still appreciate this.

We're finally moving forward for the D2! Thanks to you guys...
Nice work, I almost want to root again!

crimeinc

Reaction score
I was wondering if it is just me or if the dictionary doesnt work because I mostly use the suggestions and it doesnt seem to work thanks for all the hard work on your roms

Landlocked

Reaction score
Visual Voicemail in new ROM?

Hey peeps,

I'm knew to the Droid circuit having spent the past 4 years cooking WinMo ROMs...so please have patience with me and my learning curve! :)

I've just installed the (awesome) Fission Vanilla 2.1 ROM. The only think I want and can't get running is Verizon's VVM. I prefer to stick with this option.

I can download the VVM .apk (I almost typed '.cab') and try to run it after install, but I get the message that my phone already includes a version of VVM better suited for my phone. I've tried installing the .apk that came (and worked) with the OEM ROM, but it just crashes during install.

I've tried switching a setting in a .prop file, as suggested by a post on XDA, to no avail.

Any help our guidance appreciated! I'd hate to roll back to my rooted OEM SBF just for that one app.

Landlocked

stixaw

Reaction score
Love this rom I have not seen the pesky powermanager force close message since updating to this version of the ROM.

I LOVE IT and i used teh 1200 overclock now and its nice and fast

Thanks AngDroid you ROCK

trook

Reaction score
ya, I agree, fission 1.2 was awesome. fission 2.1 is screaming fast by itself, fission 2.1 overclocked at 1.2 I can barely keep up with! amazing, thank you for what you have done for my phone, and my battery thanks you as well.:heart: