[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

Castro

Reaction score
ADB only recognizes the phone as a production build. I can't use any of the adb commands. Anybody know of a way to fix this?

karns

Reaction score
Did you went into the process of typing back his google account?If not..re do it again and follow Angdroid's Instructions very carefully....be sure to backup first using FRM.
You can click root and unroot on my sig. for some info. :)

Thanks wilboy for the suggestion... I gave it a try and it still isn't carrying over the contacts. I'm gonna try starting a new thread.

OP
AngDroid

AngDroid

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
I was about to give up on the D2G as a daily user since the battery life I was getting was much worse than the D2. I somehow managed to greatly improve the battery life.

I did the next 3 things at the same time so I am sure some helped more than others.

Install the SIM card fix from FRM
Set radio to CMDA/EvDo Auto
Used SetCPU to set clock at 1GHz

Then I "conditioned" my battery with the following steps

Charged phone completely with outlet, not usb
Wiped battery stats in recovery
Let battery drain all the way down till phone powered off
Fully recharged battery.

My batttery life has been greatly improved since then and now I feel more comfortable using the D2G has daily phone
biggrin.gif

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
I was about to give up on the D2G as a daily user since the battery life I was getting was much worse than the D2. I somehow managed to greatly improve the battery life.

I did the next 3 things at the same time so I am sure some helped more than others.

Fully recharged battery.

My batttery life has been greatly improved since then and now I feel more comfortable using the D2G has daily phone
biggrin.gif

Cool! Thanks for the tip... will give it a go today with your "fixes" to see if I get any better battery. That was the only thing I was not liking having to charge my phone twice a day

Thanks again for your continued work on the D2G dancedroid

mrapollinax

Reaction score
Went ahead and installed the ROM this morning. Loving the vanilla droid interface that loved about my D1. However one of the things I really liked was having my contacts from FB/LinkedIN automatically fill the contact's photo icon in my contact list. Is there a way to do this manually or am I missing something?

Mistah

Reaction score
Features:
True Vanilla ROM with generic Android feel, not themed to look line one. No blur apps...
Reboot in Power Menu.

maybe im missing something but installed the latest version from the rom manager plus the update and i still dont have the reboot option in the power menu?

mrapollinax

Reaction score
I can confirm. I only have 3 options when I hold down the power button. Running with Launcher Pro and the gingerbread theme (black status bar)

hailtothetheif83

Reaction score
Features:
True Vanilla ROM with generic Android feel, not themed to look line one. No blur apps...
Reboot in Power Menu.

maybe im missing something but installed the latest version from the rom manager plus the update and i still dont have the reboot option in the power menu?

I just now noticed no reboot in my options either...

wilboy

Reaction score
Features:
Reboot in Power Menu.

I just now noticed no reboot in my options either...

Yeah,just noticed that for a long time,reason why i have had this Quick Boot that I've downloaded in the market...u need to be rooted to make this work.

Iff

Reaction score
Now that SIM cards are working (and I'm in Europe so that's the only thing I use), I've fully switched to this ROM and I'm loving it. Thanks for all your hard work, AngDroid & co.!

There's still one thing I miss just a little bit - Windows Media Sync mode in the USB Connection. It was nice to have a quick way to sync up my pics and music. From what I've gathered, it's reliant on an MTP service on the phone. With my limited (and potentially dangerous) Android knowledge, I tried copying MediaSync.apk and some WmDrm stuff from the OEM rom over to my /system/app and adding the matching .jar file to /system/framework but alas I can't get the option to show up in USB Connection. Is there a chance that you're planning to add this feature later - if not, am I even close to getting it working on my own? Thanks!

ExodusC

Reaction score

Fully recharged battery.

biggrin.gif
I'm very dissatisfied with my Droid 2 Global's battery life at the moment. I'm trying some of those tweaks, except the underclocking. We'll see if I can get the battery life to improve...

My Nexus One didn't get stellar battery life, but I would hope I can get the Droid 2 Global to that level. I have two batteries, so if I need to do I can swap out, but I hopefully won't have to.

I'm also considering the extended battery, which I've heard can be found for about $35. We'll see, I guess...

TwoBuells

Reaction score

Fully recharged battery.

biggrin.gif

One more thing. W/set cpu I set one of the profiles under clock to 600mhz with screen off