[ROM]Fission 2.4 Droid2 Global-Vanilla Generic Android-AOSP Like-Fission ROM Manager

blumpkinblake

Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is, the rom works fine and it's very snappy. I don't need anymore updates if mine works perfectly. New features are nice but not essential.

Asphyx

Reaction score
I don't see what the problem is, the rom works fine and it's very snappy. I don't need anymore updates if mine works perfectly. New features are nice but not essential.

I'm sure the rpoblem has nothing to do with how the available Rom works and everything to do with their need to flash something ANYTHING because thats thier hobby. FLASHING Phones...

Me I prefer to use them myself! And Current version of Fission makes it work real good! LOL

thelight

Reaction score
just aquick q-can i go back to factory rom, after installing fission? it is a nice rom, but think id rather get back to the old 1

Asphyx

Reaction score
Just reflash the backup you made when you flashed Fission. You did make a backup didn't you?
FRM has a checkbox to make one before flashing Fission.

thelight

Reaction score
Just reflash the backup you made when you flashed Fission. You did make a backup didn't you?
ive backup, but accidentally backed again after adding some stuff to fission, so i guess itll take me to the same rom, or m i wrong?

mguel

Reaction score
I like flashing/testing new roms, although I can stick to one if it works ok… and that is almost with current fission rom, it's a great rom, but I experience random reboots (mainly when unlocking though [there is another topic about it]), which are becoming more frequent now :(

cheers and I hope AngDroid has a great wedding, party and honeymoon… so he comes back full of energy and happy to continue it's work on D2G… hopefully with other dev too (so we aren't so pushy with him)

ExodusC

Reaction score
I like flashing/testing new roms, although I can stick to one if it works ok… and that is almost with current fission rom, it's a great rom, but I experience random reboots (mainly when unlocking though [there is another topic about it]), which are becoming more frequent now :(

cheers and I hope AngDroid has a great wedding, party and honeymoon… so he comes back full of energy and happy to continue it's work on D2G… hopefully with other dev too (so we aren't so pushy with him)
I had random reboots caused by flashing the AOSP Music app. It's a known issue. If this is the case, flash the Motorola Music app.

wirecutter

Reaction score
Well I reported a bug and also some enhancement requests which hqve apparently been implemented... I was hoping to at least see those for the d2g. In general thoug,yes everything runs pretty well.

Sent from my Nook Color (zoom2) using DroidForums App

trook

Reaction score
ive backup, but accidentally backed again after adding some stuff to fission, so i guess itll take me to the same rom, or m i wrong?
It just means you have 2 backups, you can have 20 backups and switch between them whenever you want if you like.

mguel

Reaction score
I had random reboots caused by flashing the AOSP Music app. It's a known issue. If this is the case, flash the Motorola Music app.

What do you mean by flash the motorola music app?, is it install from the fission rom manager the package "Multimedia Package - Moto - Droid2 Global"?? (sorry for the newbie question)

And if it is so, can I later freeze the with titanium? I currently have the AOSP Music app (the one that came with fission rom) frozen with titanium.

Best regards! and thanks a lot for pointing out a possible fix

Asphyx

Reaction score
You don't really need to freeze the music and multimedia stuff from Moto,
Really just the social networking and News stuff they shoved in there that constantly use the 3G to update info.

You can find the MotoMusic package in FRM.

I use the MIUI music player myself, just like it better.

ExodusC

Reaction score

What do you mean by flash the motorola music app?, is it install from the fission rom manager the package "Multimedia Package - Moto - Droid2 Global"?? (sorry for the newbie question)

And if it is so, can I later freeze the with titanium? I currently have the AOSP Music app (the one that came with fission rom) frozen with titanium.

Best regards! and thanks a lot for pointing out a possible fix
I would think the freezing of that app in particular might be causing the problem.

Try unfreezing the Music app and see if you still reboot; there's something tied to the Motorola Music app that the ROM needs, otherwise it reboots when trying to unlock.

mguel

Reaction score
I would think the freezing of that app in particular might be causing the problem.

Try unfreezing the Music app and see if you still reboot; there's something tied to the Motorola Music app that the ROM needs, otherwise it reboots when trying to unlock.

OK, I've already installed the Moto multimedia package, so I won't freeze the Music to see if the reboots are gone.

Thanks!!!

You don't really need to freeze the music and multimedia stuff from Moto, Really just the social networking and News stuff
I want to do it because I don't use Music app, I use PowerAMP, and Music app catches my headset clics (I've created a new task with tasker to kill Music and start PowerAMP when it launches Music while the headset is plugged in, to try to fix that issue without freezing Music).
And I don't need to freeze any Moto social networking stuff since on Fission ROm they are gone... thats one of the reasons I prefer Android AOSP.

You can find the MotoMusic package in FRM.
In FMR I can't find "MotoMusic" alone, only "Multimedia Package - Moto - Droid2 Global" which comes with camera and gallery as well as Music from Motorola.

Thanks,

PS: tasker doesn't really kill Music, and Music messes the headsets clic a lot... I'll have to manually start powerAMP, and see if I have no reboots with music unfrozen.

kingwaffle

Reaction score
I don't need anymore updates if mine works perfectly.

To each his own.

However, the ROM isn't perfect for some.

For example, mp3 playback is a joke. Lots of "chatter" and stuttering during playback.

FWIW: The issue above can be fixed by enabling Stage Fright, but it breaks video playback in the Gallery