[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
It hasn't for CM7. The MIUI 1.8.5 build is getting pretty good battery life. Better than CM7 anyway

MIUI

Abs

Reaction score
Can someone confirm the battery life has been fixed?

with nightly 32 I certainly noticed the battery being a lot better. I use an extended battery and my phone lasts about 1.5 days with pretty heavy use. It is a lot better now than it was when CM7 first came out for the D2. But MIUI certainly has better battery life still.
Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
with nightly 32 I certainly noticed the battery being a lot better. I use an extended battery and my phone lasts about 1.5 days with pretty heavy use. It is a lot better now than it was when CM7 first came out for the D2. But MIUI certainly has better battery life still.

I used nightly #33 and didn't notice any difference. As much I want to use CM7, I can't deal with always having to have a charger in my pocket.

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score

I used nightly #33 and didn't notice any difference. As much I want to use CM7, I can't deal with always having to have a charger in my pocket.

They have a 3500 mah battery on eBay for $14. Or you can get 2 and a charger for $20.

Atleast that way, you can run whatever ROM you want and not have to worry about battery life

MIUI

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Isn't that the guerilla battery? If so that thing is a beast.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the guerilla battery? If so that thing is a beast.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Its the same thing. I ordered mine around 7 pm and its supposed to get here between Tuesday and Thursday. I'll be happy to get 12 hours out of the 2nd init ROMs with my normal (heavy) usage. Its more than double the capacity of the stocker, so I don't think its too much to ask.

MIUI

plutonium0587

Reaction score

They have a 3500 mah battery on eBay for $14. Or you can get 2 and a charger for $20.

Atleast that way, you can run whatever ROM you want and not have to worry about battery life

MIUI

I don't care for the hump on the back of the phone though. My case won't fit either

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

MIUI

There is no way I'm ordering/carrying around another battery because I want to use a ROM. That's not logical at all, especially when I can use any other ROM and be fine.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Its personal preference really, but I want to use my phone to 100% (brightness, location, auto sync). Cm7, even though the battery sucks, is the best rom imo. It's worth it to me (until they fix it)

Sure, I could go back to apex and have good battery life, but id lose the speed and customization of cm. I'll take the extra battery in my case.

CM74D2

Abs

Reaction score

MIUI

There is no way I'm ordering/carrying around another battery because I want to use a ROM. That's not logical at all, especially when I can use any other ROM and be fine.

I agree

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I have had root tools for about a week now and all had been going well until I installed nightly build number 36. On that one, as well as today's #37, the ad blocker isn't working. Is there something I might possibly be doing wrong?

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I was using adfree before I bought Root Tools, and since I paid for it, that's the one I's like to use (just wanna get my money's worth, you know?).