[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

DiddyKong

Reaction score
Oh sorry guys I though I attached the post I was responding to. Its to the person who was asking about getting the blur launcher.

Sent from my DROID2 CM7

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Oh yeah absolutely. Use a custom dock from droidpirate and set it up with lp or adw. Works fine. I thought maybe he wanted the full launcher.

CM74D2

garbageman

Reaction score
So what do I need to do when I update nightly?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Does metamorph not work at all? Keep getting a system memory error...

Sent from my DROID2

I was under the impression that it did not work, but ninjamorph did

CM74D2

GB works a little bit different with metamorph then froyo did. From my experience, and what I have read, any metamorphs that attempt to change things in the systemui.apk causes issues like force closes or just wont work. Things in the framework.apk it should change but many of the older metamorphs will no longer work since the images have changed from froyo to GB.

Cant comment on ninjamorph, havent ever used it.

andrewqueen

Reaction score
hi i know this might be off topic but i was going to switch to gb for a little bit, so would i have to sbf to froyo inorder to flash the monster gb leak or can i just wipe data and cache and flash the leak?

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score
Finally got me metamorph to work! Now I have a custom lock screen that resembles the honeycomb lock! Yay!

Also I found a way to make the phone just a bit snapper. I turned off the wallpaper! Just a black background. It also looks nice with honeybread for cm7. Very minimal too.

Sent from my DROID2

droid doctor

Reaction score
So I wanna take the leap to cyanogenmod but im on gingerbread to see what all the buzz is about can anyone give me a link to the latest build and instructions on how to install. Any help would be really appreciated.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I wanna take the leap to cyanogenmod but im on gingerbread to see what all the buzz is about can anyone give me a link to the latest build and instructions on how to install. Any help would be really appreciated.

Search this forum for the all in one so you won't have to sbf.. but there is a flashable sbf file back to froyo/stock, then root, bootstrap rom manager, flash latest nightly by wiping data cache and dalvick... make sure you dl the latest google apps, even though rom manager will prompt you to anyway.. once on cm7 DO NOT USE BOOTSTRAP! THERE is already a recovery bootable via power hit reboot then recovery..happy flashing!

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Am I the only one whose wireless options (bluetooth, wifi, 3G, and gps) have gotten screwed in one of the past few nightly updates? I've noticed that during a reboot I have to unpair and then repair my bluetooth headset for it to work . I also have to go to mobile data under wireless and network options and uncheck and then recheck "Receive mobile data" in order for 3G to work. And I originally thought the place from which I had been getting wifi was down, only to find out that turning off wifi and then turning it back on was the answer. Based on these issues, as well as the nonworking alt lock and voice search keys, I guess it's safe to say that a release candidate, and then a stable build aren't on the horizon any time soon. :(

Jester822

Reaction score
Am I the only one whose wireless options (bluetooth, wifi, 3G, and gps) have gotten screwed in one of the past few nightly updates? I've noticed that during a reboot I have to unpair and then repair my bluetooth headset for it to work . I also have to go to mobile data under wireless and network options and uncheck and then recheck "Receive mobile data" in order for 3G to work. And I originally thought the place from which I had been getting wifi was down, only to find out that turning off wifi and then turning it back on was the answer. Based on these issues, as well as the nonworking alt lock and voice search keys, I guess it's safe to say that a release candidate, and then a stable build aren't on the horizon any time soon. :(

FWIW, my BT pairings have to be reset even from nandroid restores of any rom. I think the issue is actually on the bt appliance side and probably to be expected. The bt is probably relying on certain phone specs that it last paired to. When those change from rom updates, the pairing is lost. That's my hunch anyway.

havens1515

Reaction score
hi i know this might be off topic but i was going to switch to gb for a little bit, so would i have to sbf to froyo inorder to flash the monster gb leak or can i just wipe data and cache and flash the leak?

Switch to GB? CM7 is GB, so if you're on CM7 you're on GB already.

If you want to switch back to "stock" GB or some other GB ROM, you should be able to just wipe data/cache and install the monster leak right over CM7.

If you want to go to some other GB ROM, you will need to do the monster leak first, as CM4D2 doesn't have the GB Kernel. (But is full GB otherwise)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Cm is actually the latest version of gb (2.3.5). The monster leak is 2.3.3. Don't get it twisted. Cm is gb
:)

All the people I know that went back to a gb leak rom, went back to cm7 or another 2nd init rom not long after. They're just better. To each his/her own though of course.
CM74D2

Last edited:

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
Sorry for off topic but just got my extended battery, since CM7 is a bit of a battery hog, and I was wondering about what the mV should read when I calibrate the battery. I'm using the Battery Calibration app and it stills says 4213mV or something like that. Should it say something different since its an extended battery?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

louspinuso

Reaction score

Don't know about BT, I don't use it, but as for 3G and WiFi, they work perfectly, and have worked perfectly, for me with each nightly I've used and even when I was on JBird's version before that. Have you tried doing a data/cache reset and then flashing? I know it's a bit more of a PITA, but it might resolve your issue.