[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Cm is actually the latest version of gb (2.3.5). The monster leak is 2.3.3. Don't get it twisted. Cm is gb
:)

All the people I know that went back to a gb leak rom, went back to cm7 or another 2nd init rom not long after. They're just better. To each his/her own though of course.
CM74D2

I went back to stock GB mainly for battery life. I can't see myself going back to CM7 unless battery gets much better despite all the great features. I love being able to use my phone again all day without looking for an outlet.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

jfriend33

Reaction score
Anyone else having issues answering calls when the kb is out and its set to rotary? Its messed up looking on the screen and hard to slide.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sorry for off topic but just got my extended battery, since CM7 is a bit of a battery hog, and I was wondering about what the mV should read when I calibrate the battery. I'm using the Battery Calibration app and it stills says 4213mV or something like that. Should it say something different since its an extended battery?

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

No. They have no direct relationship. One has to do with the charge the battery can hold and battery stats are how the battery is read and displayed by the phone (this is what is reset when calibrating the battery)

CM74D2

simon_lefisch

Reaction score
No. They have no direct relationship. One has to do with the charge the battery can hold and battery stats are how the battery is read and displayed by the phone (this is what is reset when calibrating the battery)

CM74D2

So even though it reads 4218mV, or whatever, like my normal battery did im still getting a longer battery life however calibrating the battery is just making sure its displaying the correct discharge info on the phone, ie the 1% increments? Sorry if I sound stupid, just trying to make sure I understand :)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
You're not stupid. I'm not sure about the differences in batteries, but as far as the battery stats question, yes. That's right

CM74D2

Nosdroidamus

Reaction score
Am I the only one whose wireless options (bluetooth, wifi, 3G, and gps) have gotten screwed in one of the past few nightly updates? I've noticed that during a reboot I have to unpair and then repair my bluetooth headset for it to work . I also have to go to mobile data under wireless and network options and uncheck and then recheck "Receive mobile data" in order for 3G to work. And I originally thought the place from which I had been getting wifi was down, only to find out that turning off wifi and then turning it back on was the answer. Based on these issues, as well as the nonworking alt lock and voice search keys, I guess it's safe to say that a release candidate, and then a stable build aren't on the horizon any time soon. :(

Nope. This has happened to me a couple of times. Took me a while to figure it out too. It was only a minor announce once I figured it out though.

MindArchr

Reaction score
It's mainly behind the scenes stuff. I just have faith that each nightly will provide a better experience, no matter how subtle a difference.

CM74D2

Speeking of subtle..lol I pm'd you bro! Thanks!

And I'm getting ready to do the cm7 goodness AGAIN! Love Liquids version, thanks and sorry as I know I'm jackin the thread.. I'm hunting down some issues with, where the heck recovery safe mode went? Lol Its a safety we all should take advantage of, ie. That beautiful Moto bat winged bastich! Lol:)

Go to Liquid Settings, there is an option there to prompt for reboot. When enabled, the recovery option will reappear when selecting reboot from the power menu.

nightrage

Reaction score
Am I the only one whose wireless options (bluetooth, wifi, 3G, and gps) have gotten screwed in one of the past few nightly updates? I've noticed that during a reboot I have to unpair and then repair my bluetooth headset for it to work . I also have to go to mobile data under wireless and network options and uncheck and then recheck "Receive mobile data" in order for 3G to work. And I originally thought the place from which I had been getting wifi was down, only to find out that turning off wifi and then turning it back on was the answer. Based on these issues, as well as the nonworking alt lock and voice search keys, I guess it's safe to say that a release candidate, and then a stable build aren't on the horizon any time soon. :(

Nope. This has happened to me a couple of times. Took me a while to figure it out too. It was only a minor announce once I figured it out though.

Same--only noticed for bluetooth thus far though. Do you just reboot to fix it?

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Nightly build #37 seems to have fixed the problem I was having with my wireless options. 3G and bluetooth were working without me having to turn them off and back on. Now if only the alt lock and voice search buttons could be made to work (yes I know there are workarounds for those but still I'd rather have them working than not working) I'd be all set.

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
Speeking of subtle..lol I pm'd you bro! Thanks!

And I'm getting ready to do the cm7 goodness AGAIN! Love Liquids version, thanks and sorry as I know I'm jackin the thread.. I'm hunting down some issues with, where the heck recovery safe mode went? Lol Its a safety we all should take advantage of, ie. That beautiful Moto bat winged bastich! Lol:)

Go to Liquid Settings, there is an option there to prompt for reboot. When enabled, the recovery option will reappear when selecting reboot from the power menu.

Yeah I tried liquid again and the reboot recovery in power menu wasn't there this time.. I'm back to cm7 thanks.. I have no i dea why it wouldn't prompt in power menu...anyway I'm good now! Thanks

garbageman

Reaction score
Looks like new nightly fixed battery problem

plutonium0587

Reaction score
Looks like new nightly fixed battery problem

I noticed in the MIUI threads they said the newest MIUI build fixed battery problems from what they could tell. I asked them to do the same, but could the CM7 users really track it and see if it is that much better? I had gone back to stock GB because of battery issues. If the battery really is much better then I would love to come back to CM7 or MIUI.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
Despite the issues, CM7 has turned my Droid 2 into a Beast!

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Can someone confirm the battery life has been fixed?