[ROM] [BETA] CyanogenMod 7 for Droid 2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
They have a 3500 mah battery on eBay for $14. Or you can get 2 and a charger for $20.

Atleast that way, you can run whatever ROM you want and not have to worry about battery life

MIUI

There is no way I'm ordering/carrying around another battery because I want to use a ROM. That's not logical at all, especially when I can use any other ROM and be fine.

Its your call, but GB based ROMs are no comparison to CM7.

MIUI

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, I am not trying to argue or anything, but other than battery life, what does Apex do better, in your opinion?

MIUI

phoenixus

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help. I tried to install an add on for the drop theme on my phone but it screwed it up. Now my phone just keeps looping through the CM7 boot animation.

I tried to do a battery pull, but the phone doesn't go into clockwork. If I go into stock recovery, there is a message at the bottom that says:

E:Can't Open /cache/recovery/command

How can I manually get into cwm to do a restore?

Last edited:

havens1515

Reaction score
Hey guys I need help. I tried to install an add on for the drop theme on my phone but it screwed it up. Now my phone just keeps looping through the CM7 boot animation.

I tried to do a battery pull, but the phone doesn't go into clockwork. If I go into stock recovery, there is a message at the bottom that says:

E:Can't Open /cache/recovery/command

How can I manually get into cwm to do a restore?

Sounds like you might need to sbf if you can't get into stock recovery.

tattedupboy

Reaction score
I installed Juice Defender Ultimate yesterday, and as long as I was at home and had access to Wifi, I was fine. Today, however, is a different story. I'm at work now, where I have no access to wifi, and I had no data connection. I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked my settings, but to no avail. I had to uninstall it just to have access to 3G. WTF?! Has anyone else had this issue? Battery life was noticeably better with it, sacrificing a data connection to get it is an automatic dealbreaker for me.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I installed Juice Defender Ultimate yesterday, and as long as I was at home and had access to Wifi, I was fine. Today, however, is a different story. I'm at work now, where I have no access to wifi, and I had no data connection. I tweaked and tweaked and tweaked my settings, but to no avail. I had to uninstall it just to have access to 3G. WTF?! Has anyone else had this issue? Battery life was noticeably better with it, sacrificing a data connection to get it is an automatic dealbreaker for me.

I'm messing with it too. I even dl the ultimate to see what the fuss was, but I always hated battery savers and all those. But a buddy told me that I needed the ultimate. Either I haven't gotten the hang of it or I really don't notice much difference yet. Of course I get the attenttion span of a five year old sometimes so I'm not sure I have all the settings right. But no I haven't lost data yet that I know of...

droid2drummer

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm curious, I am not trying to argue or anything, but other than battery life, what does Apex do better, in your opinion?

MIUI

You know what? I tried apex on froyo I think it was called 1.4.1? Or something. And I didn't really stay on it long. I have been on a buttload of roms and all but apex 2.0 rc...maybe if the battery is as good as everyone says. It would be good to keep for when I'm at work. And some 2nd inits for weekends or holidays? Lol who am I kidding, I will be unstable as always all day flashing up and down.. but I do like liquids rom. Its pretty decent in my opinion and I think fastest for me...:) thanks guys:)

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apex is a very solid rom, no question. That being said, it cannot touch cm7. That's just the the way it is. The only thing that is better is battery life. As far as customizations, themes and sheer speed, you know what time it is.

CM74D2

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apex is a very solid rom, no question. That being said, it cannot touch cm7. That's just the the way it is. The only thing that is better is battery life. As far as customizations, themes and sheer speed, you know what time it is.

CM74D2

That's exactly what I say. Apex is definitely one of the better GB based ROMs, but no GB based ROM can touch 2nd init.

CM74DX

havens1515

Reaction score

I'm messing with it too. I even dl the ultimate to see what the fuss was, but I always hated battery savers and all those. But a buddy told me that I needed the ultimate. Either I haven't gotten the hang of it or I really don't notice much difference yet. Of course I get the attenttion span of a five year old sometimes so I'm not sure I have all the settings right. But no I haven't lost data yet that I know of...

Juice Defender isn't like most other "battery saver apps". The other ones TRY to save battery by killing apps. Juice Defender ACTUALLY saves battery by turning off your 3G when your screen is off, then turning it back on at intervals set by the app. When the screen is off, your 3G turns back on every 10 mins (or something) for one minute then turns back off. It also will keep your connection active as long as there is traffic. So if you are downloading an app, and turn off your screen, it waits until the download is finished before it turns off your data.

All of that being said, it is NOT a good app for you if you have apps that you rely on that need a constant data connection. For example, if you have AIM or another IM client running, you will disconnect when turning off your screen.

MIUI

You know what? I tried apex on froyo I think it was called 1.4.1? Or something. And I didn't really stay on it long. I have been on a buttload of roms and all but apex 2.0 rc...maybe if the battery is as good as everyone says. It would be good to keep for when I'm at work. And some 2nd inits for weekends or holidays? Lol who am I kidding, I will be unstable as always all day flashing up and down.. but I do like liquids rom. Its pretty decent in my opinion and I think fastest for me...:) thanks guys:)

I tried Apex on Froyo, and everyone said it was one of the top ROMs, but I never got it to run smoothly on my phone. It was slow, it was buggy, and I could have never used it as a daily driver. I tried flashing it twice, with the same results each time. Idk, maybe it just didn't like my phone because everyone else swears by it. I used Liberty when I was on Froyo, then used Zombie Stomped for GB before CM came to the D2.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score

CM74D2

I believe Apex is faster than CM7. If you're running CM7, post the quadrant score, and I'll post Apex's later.

Also, disable stage_fright in prop.build.

d4dEf@c@

Reaction score

CM74D2

I believe Apex is faster than CM7. If you're running CM7, post the quadrant score, and I'll post Apex's later.

Also, disable stage_fright in prop.build.

Theme Chooser is a big bonus for my choice. Click and apply themeing is the way to go. My quadrants are usually 2200-2600 when OC'd to 1200; though I mostly run at 1000 with Imosoyen and JUWE RAM scripts and it is snappy.

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Theme Chooser is a big bonus for my choice. Click and apply themeing is the way to go. My quadrants are usually 2200-2600 when OC'd to 1200; though I mostly run at 1000 with Imosoyen and JUWE RAM scripts and it is snappy.

I just ran a 1931 on completely stock Apex.