[ROM] ||ROM| |AXI0M v2.4 | |APEX V5 KERNEL | |1/6/2012|

x25064

Reaction score
Have you tried GummyNex? What features make it better? I'd be willing to try, but I so far have no complaints with Gummy and imos kernel.

Smoothness is the main thing for me. I am SUPER picky about that. This just delivers. iOS smooth. It doesn't have all those tweak features cooked in but they can be added. Its a solid performer with all the right tweaks that have performance in mind. Theory really focused on performance over a million features in his releases, which really shows. Changing spftkeys is cool, but having a phone I don't want to throw into a wall every 5 minutes is much higher on my priority list. Absolutely no chops, lag, or stutters. The only perceivable lag I could find was in the browser using flash, but the only phone I know that doesn't lag in that department is the sgs2.

Also I will send that pm asap.

Troop

Reaction score
Smoothness is the main thing for me. I am SUPER picky about that. This just delivers. iOS smooth. It doesn't have all those tweak features cooked in but they can be added. Its a solid performer with all the right tweaks that have performance in mind. Theory really focused on performance over a million features in his releases, which really shows. Changing spftkeys is cool, but having a phone I don't want to throw into a wall every 5 minutes is much higher on my priority list. Absolutely no chops, lag, or stutters. The only perceivable lag I could find was in the browser using flash, but the only phone I know that doesn't lag in that department is the sgs2.

This is exactly the kind or rom I've been looking for! Anxious to get your pm. Thanks man!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

otter34

Reaction score

I liked 2.3 better myself. How do you add the pulldown widgets? I found a ROM that has the flashlight which is really nice to have...in addition to bluetooth and wifi

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
I liked 2.3 better myself. How do you add the pulldown widgets? I found a ROM that has the flashlight which is really nice to have...in addition to bluetooth and wifi

If I remember Axiom has the pull down widgets. Try looking in the app drawer for "CM Settings," it was in there I believe. If it is not there I am thinking of the wrong ROM, it has been a couple weeks since I ran it.

mdroid28

Reaction score
I decided to try this one after all, and I actually really like it. Not as feature-rich as Gummy, but very smooth. Outstanding battery life, not sure if that's the kernel or the rom, or the combination. The only hiccup I'm noticing is an occasional problem with the keyboard. After tapping a text entry field and beginning to type, the keyboard will stop responding until I press back and then re-click the text entry field. It's pretty rare, but it's still noticeable and I haven't had that with any other ROM. Also, the flashing battery percentage while charging is incredibly distracting if you're using the phone while charging. A slower flash rate, or none at all would be better IMO.

I have no doubts this would've been among the best if the dev had not gone AWOL. I hope he reconsiders his decision. The old sticks and stones adage might apply here, although I don't know the story.

nutpn

Reaction score
I must be blind ,whertes the rom,i cant find it

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+

TommyLasagna

Reaction score
I just got an exchange server but I can't get it to connect. anyone having these issues with this rom?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DroidForums

Kurupt

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh happy day! I can't wait to get an email saying there is an update for this

martytoo

Reaction score
Ohhhhhh happy day! I can't wait to get an email saying there is an update for this

Don't hold your breath, you'll faint. This is a dead ROM. Some other dev got a self imposed atomic wedgie because he was dissed by this ROM. So the Axiom dev got sick of the soap opera and hit the virtual road. Wish I knew how wet the other jerk was/is.

So no more Axiom, so long goodbye.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
There is actually an outside chance he may dev for the Gnex again. He has been working on his Razr ROM and according to a post in THIS thread possibly the Gnex next. But this is all recent so who knows for sure.

Kurupt

Reaction score
Don't hold your breath, you'll faint. This is a dead ROM. Some other dev got a self imposed atomic wedgie because he was dissed by this ROM. So the Axiom dev got sick of the soap opera and hit the virtual road. Wish I knew how wet the other jerk was/is.

So no more Axiom, so lo

Read back a page, also in another thread like a day or two ago he posted. He's back and developing again, only a matter of time before an update