Time On... Battery Life

Discussion in 'Galaxy Nexus ROMS' started by SwagTech, May 19, 2012.

1. SwagTech

SwagTech New Member

I was getting great battery life until I flashed the latest nightly kernel from Franco. I don't remember the settings I was using so I have been flashing between kernels and trying different settings. One thing I have noticed is that I have never been able to get more than a hour /hour and a half of screen time on. I see many people in these forums reaching 3 to 4 hours!! I have seen my phone last up to 20 hours before, but that was mainly due to not using it. I did a full charge before going to bed and it held great.. I cannot get a good signal at work on wi-fi or 3g, so i guess thats my biggest problem. However at home I'm always on wi-fi and I can get 6 hours with heavy use. Im always doing something, whether just changing launchers or color schemes etc. I have screen brightness maxed out, just love how crisp it is. Just curious as to what else I can do.. Im on AOKP rom btw.. Any suggestions?
  2. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator

a phone searching for a signal and screen brightness up too high are two of the easiest ways to kill a battery.
  3. SwagTech

SwagTech New Member

Can I remedy this by toggling my data off? Or will it continue to search for a signal and just not receive texts or email?
  4. Abe21599

Abe21599 DF Super Moderator

yes. that will save it from searching for a signal. you could still use wifi (if you use airplane mode - does the same thing)