[ROM] ||ROM| |AXI0M v2.4 | |APEX V5 KERNEL | |1/6/2012|

Dizzzyindahizzzy

Reaction score
I've got a weird bug with the data.

When it runs, it works like a champ, but sometimes my 4g will randomly drop to two bars of 3g. This happens a lot when I am riding the edge of 3g/4g. When I switch airplane mode on and off I usually get 2 bars of 4g again that work quite well.

Sometimes after I switch, I'll have two bars of 4g, then it'll drop to one, then back to 3g again. Its like the reception is capable but the phone refuses to utilize it. I'm stumped. Anyone else experiencing this on 2.4?

Yeah I seem to have this problem as well. I don't think it has anything to do with this rom in particular, more a hardware/verizon issue.

x25064

Reaction score
This has been happening before and after I flashed the radios. I restored my 2.3 backup and I will report back in a few days to see if the problem persists.

It COULD also be because I didn't wipe before I updated to 2.4. Not sure however.

ALSO:
Another unrelated thing I have begun to notice within axiom is when you use the browser and scroll in portrait it is smooth as butter but when you scroll in landscape it is slightly choppy. Anyone else notice this?

Last edited:

x25064

Reaction score
2.3 doesn't do it. In did a clean install over stock rooted of 2.4 and will report back .

x25064

Reaction score
Yep confirmed. Seems like every time I am in a one bar 4g area I get dropped to two bars of 3g unless I switch to airplane mode. This is unfortunate because 2.4 outperforms everything out by a country mile. Guess I'll just suck it up.

EmericanX

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I don't know... I'm rocking 1 awesome bar of 4g right now! Lol... I'm also not on Axiom though... but I've seen the "issue" you're referring to. My personal opinion is that its switching over due to the poor signal.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

ænyoc

Reaction score
It could also be the different kernel DT used between 2.3 and 2.4. 2.3 had Imoseyon's kernel and 2.4 uses Apex. Imoseyon is up to 1.7 as of the time of this posting, and I've been using 1.6.6 for the past few days with excellent battery life. You can find his kernels here. The Apex v5 kernel is from 01Jan, and he hasn't put out any updates that I can find.

x25064

Reaction score
I wonder how awesome this rom would be right now if DT was still releasing.... oh well.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Where is the download button?

Sorry but the dev of this rom stopped working on it so there is no download here. There are some threads in this section that had mirrors for the download.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

x25064

Reaction score
Anyone who wants 2.4 just PM me and I will send it to you.

x25064

Reaction score
It could also be the different kernel DT used between 2.3 and 2.4. 2.3 had Imoseyon's kernel and 2.4 uses Apex. Imoseyon is up to 1.7 as of the time of this posting, and I've been using 1.6.6 for the past few days with excellent battery life. You can find his kernels here. The Apex v5 kernel is from 01Jan, and he hasn't put out any updates that I can find.

I personally find apex to be a better performer on this rom then Franco or lean kernel.

mdroid28

Reaction score
So this guy just quit? I guess I won't try this one after all. No sense in flashing a dead ROM.