RockPlayer Beta is now public. AVI playback galore!

RemyL75

Reaction score
Installed it on my Droid and it works great. Now onto getting video streaming perfected muwhaahaahahaaahahahahaaaaaaa!!!

icebluemale30

Reaction score
same here audio goes out droid gets really hot then stops ......maybe its the rom im on BB V.02.1 anybody get this to work ?

carlz28

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
same here audio goes out droid gets really hot then stops ......maybe its the rom im on BB V.02.1 anybody get this to work ?
Running on Team Chaos Froyo.
Running without any problems. Just watched a video over 1 hour long. No hiccups with sound or video and both are synced well.
Maybe the videoyouareusing.avi has a different codec?
Dunno what to tell ya :(

MistaMean

Reaction score
Oh Yeah, the RockPlayer works flawlessly on my Moto Droid. It has played all of the AVI files I've put on my SD card with no problem and it is simple to use. It also works with my stereo bluetooth headphones, so at work I can watch my movies in peace. And finally, I won't be wasting my time converting files to MP4 format. This is a excellent app that will definitely be getting a lot of use from me. TOP 5 app in my book. Oh Yeah!!!

FlipCpt45

Reaction score
Doesn't play 1080p Gundam 00..

But then again, it kinda lags on my 2.55ghz CoreQuad in VLC during heavy particle scenes.. lol

I'm on 1200mhz P3-Froyo :D

I can't wait for that DroidPro or w.e with the Dualcore 2Ghz... or something with the Cortex A9

MistaMean

Reaction score

But then again, it kinda lags on my 2.55ghz CoreQuad in VLC during heavy particle scenes.. lol

I can't wait for that DroidPro or w.e with the Dualcore 2Ghz... or something with the Cortex A9

Are you serious? I'm content with being able to download movies off the net and not have to convert it. 1080p on my cell phone is not necessary and the app "RockPlayer" still rocks!!!

FlipCpt45

Reaction score

Are you serious? I'm content with being able to download movies off the net and not have to convert it. 1080p on my cell phone is not necessary and the app "RockPlayer" still rocks!!!

Don't get me wrong. It's an awesome app. I didn't expect anyone to take my post seriously especially someone trying to play 1920x1080 on a what a 854x456 screen?

Btw, it scales perfectly to the phone's screen and looks awesome on the frames that it stops on.

It was just a test.. Most of the media I'm watching lately are at least 720p.. Gundam 00 was the most demanding (Extremely high bit rate due to particle effects). I didn't expect it to play. It doesn't even play on my brother's laptop which is a dual core AMD processor.

It displays the subtitles from MKV files awesomely... I didn't see a option to turn them off or to switch to different audio / subtitles..

bemymonkey

Reaction score
Rockplayer is awesome. Anyone know if it's being released as a free app or a paid app?

@Flip Are you watching the 720p files on the Droid? :O