Excellent Android video player supports NATIVE DIVX!

Toe_Cutter

Reaction score
I was astonished to discover an Android video player that supports native Divx flawlessly.

It's called RockPlayer, and it has played every single Divx file I've loaded onto my SD card, as well as some M4V and MP4 files. Others have even been able to play HD MKVs, but the ones I tried played, but just barely.

I'm running it on my Droid Incredible, but many Droid users have reported excellent results.

The only bit of bad news is that the beta expires on July 15th. Whether they'll provide a new release with extended expiration is unknown at this point, but they are actively developing the app.

Here's the link for the APK: Download RockPlayer for Android

There's also a support forum located here.

Good luck!

drkow19

Reaction score
Installing right now... I've been using AVS Video Converter 6 and making everything .mp4 but this should be much easier!

pyro6128

Reaction score
yea its been mentioned on here before. It really is an awesome player. I didn't think it would work as well as advertised, but its even better. Not to mention I love the video size option to get just the right fit on the screen. This app is definitely a must if you like watching videos on your phone.

OP
T

Toe_Cutter

Reaction score
yea its been mentioned on here before. It really is an awesome player. I didn't think it would work as well as advertised, but its even better. Not to mention I love the video size option to get just the right fit on the screen. This app is definitely a must if you like watching videos on your phone.

If this has been mentioned here before, it should be stickied somewhere, considering the sheer number of inquiries regarding video players.

They should start a thread for video player reviews, to determine which ones work best.

Just my 2 cents...

swallman

Reaction score
what is the purpose of this app? it plays the same as me droids player does... what's the difference?

I believe the Incredible might come with better support for different codecs, but the original Droid doesn't play DIVX/XVID/etc. without this app.

BTW - it is now available on the Market. Just look for Rockplayer