1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

RockPlayerBase Allows You To Play DivX, H264, MKV, and AVI Files On Your Android Devi

Discussion in 'Android Applications' started by Shadez, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

• RockPlayerBase Allows You To Play DivX, H264, MKV, and AVI Files On Your Android Devices

One of Android’s major shortcomings is its lack of compatibility with many audio and video file[​IMG] types. Fortunately, doubleTwist stepped in to fix the audio problem, but what about video playback? That’s where RockPlayerBase comes in!

Compatible with a plethora of video formats, including MKV, AVI and DivX[​IMG], RockPlayerBase combines great compatibility with a simple interface. Controls are overlaid on the screen, so you can still see the video track whilst using the controls.

[​IMG]

When testing on the Nexus One, I found playback quality to be predominantly good. I tested a DVD rip encoded in AVI which played back without any problems, although audio output[​IMG] was sometimes a little pitchy and inconsistent.

I also tested a 720p MKV file, albeit with less successful results. Whether it’s a hardware or software issue is debatable, but video playback[​IMG] wasn’t even remotely smooth, and I was lucky if I got even a second of audio playback before having it cut off too.

FeelAndroid tested the player with various formats, and found some interesting results…
    MKV
    H264 High profile, 720 x 304 @ 24fps @ 405Kbps
    AAC 44.1KHz
    perfect quality
    14 to 20 FPS

AVI
    DivX 5, 704 × 1.097 @ 384 Kbps @ 24 FPS
    MP3 @ 128Kbps 48KHz
    perfect quality
    22-24 FPS
    H264 High profile, 848 x 480 @ 24fps @ 302Kbps

AAC 48KHz
    lots of artefacts
    no subs (ASS, Advanced Sub Station)
    8 to 15 FPS

MP4
    H264 Baseline profile, 800 × 3.120 @ 448 Kbps @ 30 FPS
    AAC, 44.1KHz @ 151 Kbps
    perfect quality
    13 to 16 FPS

MP4
    Main profile H.264, 1280 × 720 @ 30 FPS @ 5.994 Kbps
    AAC @ 66Kbps 44.1KHz
    perfect quality
    3 to 6 FPSMP4

H264 Main profile, 1920 x 1080 @ 10Mbps @ 30FPS

AAC, 44.1KHz @ 192Kbps
    perfect quality
    1 to 3 FPS
    It’s worth noting that the FPS count appears on the screen by default, but this can be turned off by tapping on the DivX logo in the control panel.

RockPlayerBase has the promise to be a great video playback application. Hopefully, the developers will add more support for HD playback from MKV files for more powerful devices coming on to the market. The app currently isn’t available on the Android Market, but you can download the apk for Android 2.1 and 2.2 from here.
    Source: FeelAndroid via OMG A
  2. mrgoochio

mrgoochio New Member

Weren't previous threads closed because rockplayer's closed beta got leaked out and wasn't supposed to be available for the public? Or was that another forum I was browsing.. hehe.

Just wanted to note, I have tested a version of rockplayer and it had a lot of trouble with flash formatted download's audio playback.
  3. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Downloaded, installed and tested this last night with a local avi file on my phone worked great :) no delay in sounds or anything, great player :)
  4. mrgoochio

mrgoochio New Member

Yeah with avi and divx playback i had a great experience, however, with flv (flash video) not so much as I previously stated. If they could get that up to par, i would be loving it!
  5. timbck2

timbck2 New Member

Has anyone gotten this to work on a non-rooted Droid Incredible? I downloaded and installed it and I just get a blank screen with "RockPlayer" in a gray bar at the top. It doesn't seem to do anything else.
  6. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

did you try pressing the menu button and try to open a file? my first screen was blank too
  7. timbck2

timbck2 New Member

Yep, tried that. The Menu button does nothing (I get the vibrating feedback from it, but nothing comes up).
  8. Skyscraper38

Skyscraper38 New Member

Where do yall get the video clips from? probably a dumb question.
  9. Fault

Fault New Member

Worked great with Transformers and 9
  10. Shadez

Shadez Super Mod/News Team Staff Member Premium Member

Downoaded or copied from PC.. I havent used this yet, so dont know what sites to get them from.
  11. motodroid34

motodroid34 New Member

Any one knows any good site to download free movies?
  12. dragonfly1113

dragonfly1113 New Member

Dont think this is a question for a public forum like this lol. But maybe ull get an answer i guess.
  13. Fault

Fault New Member

You cant discuss this openly on the forums. NO ONE POST ANY SITES. Downloading is illegal in most countries, and this forum is not allowed to host that information due to their server rules.

Use torrents. I will be posting a guide how to use torrents on your droid, and how to make them work on your phone. Keep an eye out for it, Ill post it within a week
  14. yatman60

yatman60 New Member

I've had my Incredible for 3 days and I'm running the stock Verizon 2.2 FROYO build (new to Android and don't know anything about rooting).

It installed and worked fine. I downloaded this app called installer from the market place and it seemed to install and work fine for me.

Search tags for this page
.264 player apk
download divx rockplayer base apk
download rockplayerbase apk
h.264 rockplayer apk
how to play 720p avi on droid dna
how to play h264 files on your android thunderbolt
play divx, h264, mkv

rock player base apk

rock player base.apk
rockplayer base apk download
rockplayerbase