New RockPlayer DIVX player and more

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
I must be missing something. Downloaded and copied to my SD card but unable to install. I am getting an error in astro unable to open as APK file. I am not rooted running 2.1, Mac OSX. Ideas? I looked at the file permissions and it is only RW, how do I get execute.

Redownload the file. I installed it with apk installer. It works great!

moot

Reaction score
This is a really great player but it is a bit choppy. I ripped a dvd and played it on rock. The video never goes above 20 fps. I'm on 2.1 stock, droid.

Are people who are getting good fps overclocked?

erikfig

Reaction score
It's not my intention to offend anyone but... This app is a piece of crap.

IDK why people are saying that the resolution is incredible when is not. The only think that this application does is play the MP4 for you, Period...

Nothing about GVA, DVA, FPS and all that crap. Tested a few movies and the resolution still the same Droid Stock resolution. People need to understant that the droid screen does not have enough pixels to show excellent quality (at list the Droid).

I'm running BB Froyo with Flash 10.2 and believe me, my freaking 32G Ipod have Way more resolution than my Droid 2.2. (I hate apple products by the way, only support the ipod).

Bottom Line, No Enough Pixels no good quality, No matter what application you load into your system, there is no application miracle that can add pixels to any screen.

Peace Out!

Last edited by a moderator:

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
It's not my intention to offend anyone but...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Then don't bother posting..it's that simple.

nphil

Reaction score
It's not my intention to offend anyone but... This app is a piece of sh*t.

IDK why people are saying that the resolution is incredible when is not. The only think that this application does is play the MP4 for you, Period...

Nothing about GVA, DVA, FPS and all that crap. Tested a few movies and the resolution still the same Droid Stock resolution. People need to understant that the droid screen does not have enough pixels to show excellent quality (at list the Droid).

I'm running BB Froyo with Flash 10.2 and believe me, my freaking 32G Ipod have Way more resolution than my Droid 2.2. (I hate apple products by the way, only support the ipod).

Bottom Line, No Enough Pixels no good quality, No matter what application you load into your system, there is no application miracle that can add pixels to any screen.

Peace Out!

Wha..!? The iPod touch has a screen resolution of 320x480 and 163 PPI. The Motorola Droid has a screen resolution of 854x480 and 265 PPI. (Also a larger display)

So WTF do you mean when you say your iPod has "moar pixelz"? What are you looking for, 1080p playback quality on a 3.7 inch screen?

nphil

Reaction score
If you can't back up your statements with valid facts, might as well shut up. The Droid has a screen resolution of 854x480. A video that is encoded in some weird native resolution is obviously not going to resize right.

I tried a bunch of MKV's encoded in a standard resolution, and they all played fine. Now my 720p MKV's did stutter a bit, but that's just natural since I'm not overclocked. It might get better once they figure out how to utilize ARM's NEON acceleration. (That's better hardware acceleration)

You're just as bad as the market trolls that leave those hilarious comments + 1 star ratings on apps that they don't really understand.

Of course, it was not my intention to offend anyone btw!

rkeller62

Reaction score
Wha..!? The iPod touch has a screen resolution of 320x480 and 163 PPI. The Motorola Droid has a screen resolution of 854x480 and 265 PPI. (Also a larger display)

So WTF do you mean when you say your iPod has "moar pixelz"?e What are you looking for, 1080p playback quality on a 3.7 inch screen?

Also, the Droid is the only phone I know of that uses that uses the HDTV spec for aspect ratio of 1.78:1 while iPod/iPhone and HTC devices use a ratio of 1.67:1

HarshReality

Reaction score
Well, I cant locate the thing.. honestly I am to the point of converting my entire NAS to H264 standard.. last I looked was over 900 videos so should not take too long.. *sarcasm*

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
This is a really great player but it is a bit choppy. I ripped a dvd and played it on rock. The video never goes above 20 fps. I'm on 2.1 stock, droid.

Are people who are getting good fps overclocked?

I was getting about 25 fps using Froyo at 550 mhz. You should upgrade

OP
G

GoBlazers

Reaction score
wish i could find this really want to look at some movies.where do you get divx movies?

probably the easiest way is to find a torrent search engine and use utorrent for downloading. Also use peerblock to keep you more anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.