Rild

devdeuce

Reaction score
The last couple of days when I look to see what has been eating away at my battery, there has been a program called rild using a bunch of it. The pic of it looks like a Sim card. Does anyone know what this is and how I can stop it? Thanks fit reading and hopefully answering.

There is no spoon

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
You have any network problems today? Do you use 4G?

OP
devdeuce

devdeuce

Reaction score
You have any network problems today? Do you use 4G?

No 4G in my area, no network problems that I've noticed. Hopefully that's all it is and will go away as quick as it showed up. I've never even seen it when I spent a good part of the day driving through areas with no coverage, but haven't left coverage last couple days when it's happened.

There is no spoon

Andielyn

Reaction score
Here's a link to a thread I started a few weeks ago rild? I replied to SallyC's post yesterday and jinxed myself as it is back. It's now consumed over 40% of my battery power and keeps returning after several restarts, and has drained another 10% in a matter of minutes. I'm going to do the equivalent of a battery pull and see if that kills the process.

DominatingDLIR

Reaction score
The program is obviously being submissive to your phone and thus is serving it in exchange for battery .

You need to perma ban him .

SallyC

Reaction score
I realize this is an older thread, but just as a follow up for anyone who finds it. I have found my problem with rild to be related to my proximity to a tower. Not that my actual proximity has changed, but for some reason my phone will ignore a tower 10 miles away and try to latch on to one 90 miles away. I know this because the one 90 miles away is in a different time zone. This problem comes and goes for me without reason. The only thing I can guess is that the closer tower gets busy and my phone gets redirected but I have no idea if that's how towers even work.

It's a real PIA to which I've found no solution.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Sally, I have no idea if this will help but try installing fresh network. See if it will connect and lock onto a closer tower.

Sent from my DROID RAZR Maxx using Droid Forums