"Screen" using up battery life

Discussion in 'Droid RAZR MAXX' started by daisy6570, Jul 24, 2012.

1. daisy6570

daisy6570 New Member

So my rild issue finally went away with the new upgrade. But now my screen is the battery killer culprit. I have turned the brightness down to almost completely un-seeable. I have also done everything else recommended by the phone to lower screen usage. Still, my screen usage is at 60%! Any suggestions guys? At this point, my battery does not even last a day and I barely use it.
  2. Sydman

Sydman Premium Member Rescue Squad Premium Member

Welcome to the forum!

ICS appears to have made Android OS more battery friendly so now the screen is the major user. Which is what it should be, you have to remember that 60% is of what battery has been used.

So if you have used 10% of your battery life then the screen used 60% of that 10%. So it is not a extreme as it appears.
  3. TatDroid

TatDroid Active Member

Yep, while your screen is on it will use the majority of your battery. That percentage will only go down if your phone spends more time in standby mode.
  4. JDH

JDH Member

I always turn off my screen when not actually using the phone, battery life is extraordinary. ICS OTA
  5. russel5150

russel5150 New Member

that was one of the things i had to convince my daughter, the screen SHOULD be the thing that uses the most battery.

it took a while to get her to understand that if it says the screen has used 60 percent of the battery, its not the total battery, just " the part that has been used" so it makes
    sense that the screen would use it, because the screen is on during most of the drainage.

i wouldnt worry until you have something that uses more than the screen.

btw, i put my screen on full brightness today after it charged and im still getting decent battery life, but i could tell a big difference! its a shame because the screen looks so awesome at full brightness! im going to let it run until the run charge and then put it back on automatic. automatic works good, and its easy to get 30 plus hours out of one charge

Russel the cop
Search tags for this page
android screen battery usage
android screen using battery
display using battery android
droid razr screen using battery
droidaxx how to reduce screen usage

how to lower display battery use

how to reduce display battery usage android

how to reduce screen battery consumption

how to reduce screen battery usage

how to reduce screen battery usage android