DROID rild eating the battery!

wineplz

Reaction score
For the past couple weeks my battery has been nearly dead 8-9hrs after taking off the charger. After getting fed up I dug around and found that the rild has been eating my battery...often over 20%! Any way to remedy this? It's driving me bonkers to have to recharge my phone by 4pm, even when I haven't used it all day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

metalspring

Silver Member
Reaction score
For the past couple weeks my battery has been nearly dead 8-9hrs after taking off the charger. After getting fed up I dug around and found that the rild has been eating my battery...often over 20%! Any way to remedy this? It's driving me bonkers to have to recharge my phone by 4pm, even when I haven't used it all day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

rild is the cellular radio, are you in a 4g area and have 4g turned on? if you arent in a 4g area, turn off the 4g, it could also be because of going through areas of poor reception and constantly searching for a signal which there isnt much you can do about and really use your phone, you could always try a battery saver app that might help

btw you can check signal more accurately by going to settings> about phone > status...60-75 db is pretty good but when you get to 85-95+ then you have very poor reception and it could be searching for a signal a lot