1. You want that $100.00 in your pocket or an Amazon Fire TV don't you? Well here's the deal. With our new updated look we are in desperate need of an updated logo. The 'old' one has certainly served us well, but it's time. Find all the details here: bit.ly/1q0k6Wa
  2. DroidForums.net is currently undergoing a major software upgrade. If you are experiencing any problems logging in please: Contact Us

DROID rild eating the battery!

Discussion in 'Droid Bionic Tech Support' started by wineplz, Jan 9, 2012.

1. wineplz

wineplz New Member

For the past couple weeks my battery has been nearly dead 8-9hrs after taking off the charger. After getting fed up I dug around and found that the rild has been eating my battery...often over 20%! Any way to remedy this? It's driving me bonkers to have to recharge my phone by 4pm, even when I haven't used it all day.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums
  2. metalspring

metalspring New Member

rild is the cellular radio, are you in a 4g area and have 4g turned on? if you arent in a 4g area, turn off the 4g, it could also be because of going through areas of poor reception and constantly searching for a signal which there isnt much you can do about and really use your phone, you could always try a battery saver app that might help

btw you can check signal more accurately by going to settings> about phone > status...60-75 db is pretty good but when you get to 85-95+ then you have very poor reception and it could be searching for a signal a lot
    1 person likes this.
  3. RETG

RETG Member

I thought rild was an alien bacteria.
Search tags for this page
4g rild

android rild

android rild battery 4.1.2
android rild is what
droid bionic android eating up battery
proces rild w androidzie
qcrild on android