Droid 2 phone idle eating battery?

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
I couldn't find a topic that addressed this, so forgive me if it has already been asked.

I recently started using the extended battery and have been getting on average about 1 day plus 11-12 hours of use in between charges with moderate use. All of a sudden today I see my battery is at 30%, with over 40% of my battery being used under phone idle. It has only been about 8 hours since I took it off of the charger- wayyyyyyyy under what I have been getting out of my battery.

I have not used my phone much today, so I am shocked. I have not changed any settings, and the battery use does not show any other programs eating up my battery.

Any advice??? Thanks!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

Reaction score
That shouldn't happen. I have the standard battery and I took the phone off the charger at 100% and worked a 12 hour shift, I didn't use the phone at all, at 11pm the phone still had 90%. Did you install any extra apps?

Reaction score
When's the last time you rebooted? I know it sounds ridiculous, but if you haven't installed any new apps, it's possible that it's just a runaway process that isn't being properly killed. Weird things tend to go away with a reboot.

OP
dsmusicbox

dsmusicbox

Reaction score
I will try rebooting- it has been a few days.

The only newer app I have installed was Mr. Call Blocker or caller id... I uninstalled it this afternoon after I discovered my issue. I will see tomorrow if that had any impact on the battery, but I don't see why it would have.