Here we go again...battery problem

Raydee35

Reaction score
I had the RILD problem eating my battery and that went away but for the last three days I have a media process eating my battery in less than three hours from a full charge. Any idea what I can do before I smash my phone?

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Try a soft boot, aka a simulated battery pull. Also we have a battery forum now I'll get the link... one sec

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Well I have been having the same Media problem for the last few days and it is draining my battery in record time. This morning I think I finally figured out what is the root cause of the problem. I normally charge my phone with the charger plugged into the wall BUT recently I have been using the USB cable from my computer to charge my phone. It seems that that may be the cause because every time I use my PC to charge the phone it seems to turn the Media process on. Tonight I am going to charge the phone from the wall charger and see if that is the fix.

OP
R

Raydee35

Reaction score
Ok charged the phone from the wall charger and the Media process does not come on. As soon as I plug the phone into the computer's USB the media process comes on and will drain the battery in a matter of hours.