Rezound Stuck in Boot Loop

PatG

Reaction score
Snoking said:
Seems somewhere buried down near the sim card it a little guy with his hand on a setting knob!

Mr. Software Bug in action

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Easy fix pull battery leave back off phone it will load up once at home screen settings - wireless and networks go to system select change to 3g or 4g then put back back on works for me when this happenes easer then all the other stuff

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

WTF??

Reaction score
^ uh yeaaaaaaahh... that REALLY made sense

Alchemist945

Reaction score
Don't make much but it works for me and it only takes like under a min

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
You also missed a step in the menu, but it was pretty much another summary of the same fix mentioned in this thread. Basically you boot the phone without the back cover and change it to 3g only. Simple as that.

dlink888

Reaction score
I get the same reboot issue with or without the back on. But the problem is, it reboots before I can get to the phone info to do this. Basically it reboots at the lock screen. Any suggestions? (PS I am rooted and loaded the lateset BAMF evita 2.0 and PH98IMG.zip per the directions to the tee and get the bootloop at the lockscreen.)

Last edited:

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
I get the same reboot issue with or without the back on. But the problem is, it reboots before I can get to the phone info to do this. Basically it reboots at the lock screen. Any suggestions? (PS I am rooted and loaded the lateset BAMF evita 2.0 and PH98IMG.zip per the directions to the tee and get the bootloop at the lockscreen.)

Doesn't that ROM use the latest leaked firmware? Are you still on GB firmware? If so, did you apply the "old firmware" patch?

dlink888

Reaction score
Snoking - Try it with the sim card removed. Thanks, it does it with and without the sim card.

Doesn't that ROM use the latest leaked firmware? Are you still on GB firmware? If so, did you apply the "old firmware" patch?

Thank you! I thought I had loaded it already but tried it again and it froze at the HTC screen. I went back into recovery reloaded the rom and PH98IMG and it stopped the bootloop, I think. But now it gets stuck at "turning on WIFI" and I have no WIFI. Any help?

WTF??

Reaction score
So since 03/29/12, this boot-loop happened to me again today! :mad:
I'm in the process of dialing into that *#*#4636#*#* and changing it to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto...

AFTER I put the sim back in and booted it up, bootloop is gone.... thank goodness!

I dialed up that number again to check the setting, it read CDMA auto (PRL)
I should still change it to CDMA + LTE/EvDo auto right?

I normally use wifi at home, but use 3G when out and about. Im unrooted btw
I find myself not rebooting the phone that much anymore.... scared of this crap!

Last edited:

Snoking

Reaction score
That screen will reflect how 4g/3g is set under settings/networks. If you are in 3g only, that's what you see in the secret screen.