Returning the Rezound - Am I Missing Something?

MrSmith317

Premium Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice/comiseration. I was afraid that this was not isolated to me. It just points to crappy quality control in my mind. How could this many defective devices make their way out the door? I think part of it is that we accept them. I don't care for the Apple ecosystem, but I'm starting to see the logic of it. Is it too much to ask for a device that just works? We don't need 5000 devices a year, we need a few that work.
The lack of ownership when problems like this occur is infuriating. I don't care if it's a VZW or HTC issue, I just care that someone fixes it.
I'm giving my second Rezound a chance (once I get a new SIM card from VZ, and I'll try what you suggested *22899), but if it so much as hiccups during the weekend it's going back. Maybe give the D4 a shot and just hope that they'll support it for more than 8 months......

Mikeinctown - Just a word of warning, that is what was happening with mine prior to the crash. Also, you should be able to get 3g otherwise you're going to have a bad time in any area where 4g isn't avail.

Whoooa. Don't do *228 on a 4G device. You can zap the sim.. Even though I did try it once before I knew better and my phone conveniently wouldn't allow me to.

Nealius

Reaction score
Whoooa. Don't do *228 on a 4G device. You can zap the sim.. Even though I did try it once before I knew better and my phone conveniently wouldn't allow me to.

time to catch up..
*22899 will update your prl. it will not zap your sim card. My first nexus did it on its own.
You have to add a contact with the *22899. you dial the contact, not the number direct.

@Burnicus I feel the same as you. Too many issues with the phone. I hate Apple, but the Iphone does work. I will never own one, but I do get it.
I have been on 2 nexus' ans 1 rezound which is dead due to looping reboots. I get a new rezound on Friday. 1 hiccup or belch and it goes back. I will continue to rock my tired OG until something comes along that is stable

RacingTiger03

Reaction score
wow.. sucks to see some issues with the rezound for some people. I for one came from the bionic... Let's just say until google completely takes over moto mobile I'm not even considering another moto phone (and I came from the OG). The ReZound I got was one of the first refurbs available and has been flawless other than the SLIGHTLY pink tinged capacitative buttons.. I can deal with that compared to the signal issues I had with the bionic and no data signal 80+% of the time. There are some posts over on XDA about a setting that sometimes gets changed causing boot loops... I honestly have no clue what it was or where it was, but I think I referenced it in another post here. It's in one of the phone menu's requiring a set of numbers to be dialed and probably 000000 to get into as a password lol. If you are having major issues, find JNTdroid's thread about how to get your device locked into EVDO 3G. it's relatively easy to do, and is a lot more reliable than 4G and the new 3G layer.

cp24eva

Reaction score
wow.. sucks to see some issues with the rezound for some people. I for one came from the bionic... Let's just say until google completely takes over moto mobile I'm not even considering another moto phone (and I came from the OG). The ReZound I got was one of the first refurbs available and has been flawless other than the SLIGHTLY pink tinged capacitative buttons.. I can deal with that compared to the signal issues I had with the bionic and no data signal 80+% of the time. There are some posts over on XDA about a setting that sometimes gets changed causing boot loops... I honestly have no clue what it was or where it was, but I think I referenced it in another post here. It's in one of the phone menu's requiring a set of numbers to be dialed and probably 000000 to get into as a password lol. If you are having major issues, find JNTdroid's thread about how to get your device locked into EVDO 3G. it's relatively easy to do, and is a lot more reliable than 4G and the new 3G layer.

speaking of JNTdroid, haven't seen him around in a while. JNT must be enjoying Nexus life or something.

OP
B

Burnicus

Reaction score
Second Rezound is as bad as the first. Lost signal last night and couldn't hang up the phone call it dropped. Substantial lag with any action. Pretty dissapointing. I'm glad some of you got functional ones, but wouldn't recommend this device to anyone based on the lack of quality control. Keeping it for the weekend so I can take pictures in the mts, but it's going back next week.

cp24eva

Reaction score
Second Rezound is as bad as the first. Lost signal last night and couldn't hang up the phone call it dropped. Substantial lag with any action. Pretty dissapointing. I'm glad some of you got functional ones, but wouldn't recommend this device to anyone based on the lack of quality control. Keeping it for the weekend so I can take pictures in the mts, but it's going back next week.

Im sure that at this point it doesn't really matter, but have you changed or altered the battery cover in any way? I noticed with my extended battery cover I don't get a good of a signal. With the standard cover I get great signal. with the antennas being on the battery cover, this could be the issue. Just throwing that out there. Sucks that you got 2 bad rezounds in a row. I bet it wasnt brand new either huh? Verizon tends to not give people bran new replacement phones.