The truth about the htc rezound

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
I posted this on the rezound developers page but wanted the rest of the Rezound owners to know the truth about their phone. "THE TRUTH WILL SET YOU FREE".

I spoke to HTC directly about this very thing. I discovered the other radios with the PHONE INFO APP (WCDMA, GSM (only), GLOBAL MODE, GSM+LTE/EVDO auto, GLOBAL LTE MODE) along with the standard CDMA+LTE/EVDO auto and CDMA auto (PRL). Also so confirmed by when I pulled of the back battery cover and exposed several of the gold plated radio antenna's. The HTC tech support manager said to me that HTC Rezound is a world phone despite Verizon's tech support claims that it will only work on Verizon's LTE/CDMA network. HTC's tech said that this phone will work any where in the world. All you need is the SIM card and the SIM Card unlock codes that Verizon should provide to you if you have been a customer long enough. She further said that you can ONLY GET THE CODES FROM VERIZON'S TECH SUPPORT, NOT FROM VERIZON CUSTOMER SERVICE.

She said with the SIM Card and Codes the phone will operate any where in the world where their is a cell phone signal. Depending on the Network it's hit or miss on having data service, but you will be able to receive and make call plus send and receive text no matter with or without data service.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone
Bottom line with all of the other great things this phone does: direct to tv plug, great camera, hd video,(Dr. Dre) Beats audio, speed, smoothness, ect...
This is the best phone on the best phone on the Market by far.

VERIZON Doesn't advertise the Rezound as a world phone and will tell you it's not, they don't want us to know it's a world phone. Why I wonder, I think we all know why.

My history with Android is the Original Droid, Thunderbolt, and now the Rezound.

REZOUNDING IN HOUSTON

Fastbird

Reaction score
It's a shame I'm not in the military and constantly traveling anymore. This would have been a handy phone to have for sure. I still love it though!

xrxex

Reaction score
You have to call verizon wireless global support because they're the only ones that will give you the unlock code and explain how to do it. I can provide that number to anybody who needs it but you should be able to type global when dialing and it'll pop up. All you do is tell them that you're going to be going on a cruise or leaving the country soon and you will have to use another sim card in it and they will help you out. I used to do this with my blackberry storm 2, before coming to HTC with the thunderbolt.

Simon_y7

Reaction score
You have to call verizon wireless global support because they're the only ones that will give you the unlock code and explain how to do it. I can provide that number to anybody who needs it but you should be able to type global when dialing and it'll pop up. All you do is tell them that you're going to be going on a cruise or leaving the country soon and you will have to use another sim card in it and they will help you out. I used to do this with my blackberry storm 2, before coming to HTC with the thunderbolt.

I'm afraid the difference is in that BB Storm was a dual, CDMA/GSM. phone and was spec(k)ed from the beginning as "Global-ready". One still needed unlock codes to use it with SIM's other than Verizon's. Unfortunately, it looks like with Rezound we're getting nowhere. :(

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
Explain to me why VZW wouldn't want us to know this is a world phone?

Atook

Reaction score
Yeah, something doesn't add up here. If all those radios are in there, you should be able to access them with a rooted ROM, and Verizon would be touting it. So would HTC for that matter.

I'd love to see some confirmation on this though, as I'm thinking about taking my rezound to India in a month or so.

OP
djmwilliams1

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
Yeah I agree, so I sent my post to Engadget last night and asked them to do that very thing. I'm waiting for a response.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using DroidForums

heathe1

Reaction score
Rezound is a world phone...

I swapped SIM cards with my boyfriends Samsung Captivate, went into settings *#*#3646#*#*, changed to several of the GSM options, and managed to get EDGE service, place a phone call, and send/recive a text across AT&T's network. It even said AT&T in the banner on the Rezound, but I was unable to get data. Anyone know any way to get data working, or if its even capable of AT&T's 3G bands? They have HSPA+ 14.4 here, and I believe it's running on the 1900 MHz spectrum. I ask because my man wants a Rezound, but plans on keeping AT&T...

MdicnMan

Reaction score
I swapped SIM cards with my boyfriends Samsung Captivate, went into settings *#*#3646#*#*, changed to several of the GSM options, and managed to get EDGE service, place a phone call, and send/recive a text across AT&T's network. It even said AT&T in the banner on the Rezound, but I was unable to get data. Anyone know any way to get data working, or if its even capable of AT&T's 3G bands? They have HSPA+ 14.4 here, and I believe it's running on the 1900 MHz spectrum. I ask because my man wants a Rezound, but plans on keeping AT&T...

Without unlocking the handset? Seriously?

heathe1

Reaction score
Without unlocking the handset? Seriously?

Seriously, no unlocking, no special codes, it just worked out of the box. At that point, I hadn't even unlocked the phone thru HTCDev, it was still full stock/locked/unrooted.

plcline

Reaction score

Try the following APN settings
Name: ATT WAP
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Port: 80
Username:not set
Password:not set
Server: not set
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
mms port - 80
mcc 310