4g data issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zebra23

Reaction score
I am on my 4th Rezound due to 4G connectivity issues. The 4G signal will cut out and I will lose all data connection. My understanding is that when you lose the 4G signal, by default, it drops to 3G. Verizon support has no idea what to do. I have changed my SIM card, my memory card, set data roaming to Allow access for all trips, done many factory resets. I even tried setting it to airplane mode and back because I read somewhere that it resets your radio. If I run it in Safe Mode, no issues. I live in San Jose, CA so getting a strong signal is not the issue. I like the phone, but I'm getting very frustrated. Anyone have any good ideas or are being plagued with the same problems?

jdfrye

Reaction score
dude! this is all over the rezound forums. even the verizon wireless rezound forum just do a google search with these terms:
4G cutting out since 6/4
read that thread

Iggy08

Reaction score
I though it was just me, I've been having other problems but this is the most annoying! Usually a reboot will fix it for a while but 1) it takes about an hour to reboot this damn phone and 2) I shouldn't have to do this at all!

(I'm in Dallas, Texas my reception should be amazing according to a Verizon rep)

jdfrye

Reaction score
Yeah I'm betting that the ics update will address this issue. Maybe that's why we haven't seen it yet

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I though it was just me, I've been having other problems but this is the most annoying! Usually a reboot will fix it for a while but 1) it takes about an hour to reboot this damn phone and 2) I shouldn't have to do this at all!

(I'm in Dallas, Texas my reception should be amazing according to a Verizon rep)

It's lunacy to take an hour or more to reboot....but yeah, that's me too! I guess it was the 4th that flucked everything up. I was out of town and in a very poor reception area and thought that was the culprit. Turns out it was Verizon who messed us all up! :icon_evil:

MJKneuro

Reaction score
Iggy08 said:

Haven't had a problem with 4g in the dc are, before or after loading the ics leak. Did have the "forever startup time" but since loading the ics leak, it is the blink of an eye (competitively). The rapid start up time is perhaps my favorite aspect of ics.

mountainbikermark

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haven't had a problem with 4g in the dc are, before or after loading the ics leak. Did have the "forever startup time" but since loading the ics leak, it is the blink of an eye (competitively). The rapid start up time is perhaps my favorite aspect of ics.

Is the forever +a minute a gingerbread thing? My Inc is just as slow to boot up since the gingerbread update . I thought 2 minutes on froyo was slow geez.
I'm getting occasional data drops but instead of reboot I just use lteonoff to turn the radios off then back on. It takes about a minute for it to take effect vs the long reboot time. I just figured, was hoping actually, Verizon was adding a cell to my area and tweaking it.

Support Our Troops!!!
<><
A Rezound phone was used for this Tapatalk post

jdfrye

Reaction score
Cross your fingers.. Mine and alot of people's were fine until that day that 'something' happened/changed.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

cdm369

Reaction score
Don't know if any of you are using the extended battery but I am and my phone recently started with data drops. This morning I put the regular battery back in and have had a steady signal and no drops as of yet.

richiecalloway

Reaction score
I was having the same issues until I went ahead and installed the latest ICS leak. I haven't lost signal since then and as one other person said the reboot time was drastically reduced. My whole phone just seems smoother and faster. Another thing that seems to have improved is the speaker, spacifically when using the speaker phone. It seems louder when I play music now. Maybe its just me but anyway I love my phone even more now.

Iggy08

Reaction score
It doesn't literally take an hour to those who might have misunderstood my sarcasm, it take significantly longer than acceptable (turning on is around 4min). From what I hear it's a lot faster boot up with ICS, but I wonder of that's a cuz gingerbread is slow to but up in general or if it's just ICS is so fast. I don't have an extended battery and was tempted into getting one, but now I think I'll avoid it in case I feel like switching phones.

Something I was thinking about is could they be doing this purposefully to people with unlimited data? I have it and use it a lot, thought maybe they're punishing us? Just a thought

wtfe

Reaction score
dude! this is all over the rezound forums. even the verizon wireless rezound forum just do a google search with these terms:
4G cutting out since 6/4
read that thread

You've got to be ****ting me. I saw some others had this problem, but it wasn't all over the place when I looked. I finally got fed up and took the phone to a verizon store. I suggested they replace the battery cover, even though they wanted to replace the sim too. It was immediately better once the cover was replaced, but it's starting to act up again.

This was the main reason that I didn't do the ics leak. I was afraid that if I needed to return it for the signal issues, that they wouldn't take it back. I think I'm gonna do the ics leak today.

dasmas360

Reaction score
I also live in San Jose but I haven't noticed any problems. I did however install the ICS leak about a month ago. I got tired of waiting.
Before the update I mostly kept my phone in 3G mode to conserve the battery life. I guess the ICS update could fix the problem and hope they stop dragging their feet and get the update done.

Firespray

Reaction score
Hmm good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. A reboot will fix the issue but only for a short amount of time before starting up again.