4g data issues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Claudzion

Reaction score
Is that still happening? I'm in an area where we don't have 4G, however today I am getting it! I'm kinda excited. =D

Sent from my Rezound using Droid Forums

HRod08

Reaction score
Anyone with this issue running a battery saving app like Go Power Master?

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Firespray said:
Hmm good to know I'm not the only one with this issue. A reboot will fix the issue but only for a short amount of time before starting up again.

It is not the phone, you have a rogue app.

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
cdm369 said:
What's the easiest way to check for a rogue app?

Get rid of any app or widget that's supposed to save you battery life, all those apps do is nothing but use more juice, they do more harm than good. All I use is Lookout.

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
It is not the phone, you have a rogue app.

Thinking cybertec69 might be on to something, I went berserk and uninstalled every app that can be uninstalled, leaving only all those nasty Verizon rogue apps (Verizon Location Agent...). I rebooted and tried to use my legal, paid-for-monthly, hotspot app. After a few disconnections, I went to bed, PO'ed. This morning I attempted to reinstall my most important apps, but was thwarted by the intermittent disconnects. I rebooted and all was good (for the moment) and began the tedious business of restoring my Rezound's usefulness...

(and, by the way, my miseries began around about June 4 near Modesto, CA and continued here in Santa Clara, CA). I sure hope those red SIMs really work.)

HRod08

Reaction score
I got my Rezound a couple weeks ago and it came with a red sim card. Unfortunately I still lost data. So I tried a spare battery cover that my brother had and It's been pretty stable for a couple days now. No data drops yet and even in a weak 4g area it quickly changes to 3g. I would lose all data with my original battery cover.

Last edited:

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
I got my Rezound a weeks ago and it came with a red sim card. Unfortunately I still lost data. So I tried a spare battery cover that my brother had and It's been pretty stable for a couple days now. No data drops yet and even in a weak 4g area it quickly changes to 3g. I would lose all data with my original battery cover.

This is really disappointing news. I have a regular and an extended battery and both covers behave about the same. I unfortunately spend a lot of evenings in hotel rooms and I use my Rezound as a Hotspot to watch sports on my laptop using Slingplayer. That system worked very well all through hockey season, but baseball season has been a disaster. I rarely get a half hour without a disconnect and it's painful to get everything working again each time that happens. I've ordered a Clearwire modem and will soon be free of the threat of capped data.

clownpuncher

Reaction score
Verizon is sending me a GN tomorrow!! 4 Rezounds and tried everything possible and still the same 4g issue. I flipped out on them today and got the GN without using any upgrade and still keeping my unlimited data.

oakdale_mike

Reaction score
Verizon is sending me a GN tomorrow!! 4 Rezounds and tried everything possible and still the same 4g issue. I flipped out on them today and got the GN without using any upgrade and still keeping my unlimited data.

I'm under the impression that the 4g intermittent disconnect problems are not limited to the Rezound. I hope you'll come back and let us know if the Nexus really solves the problem.

cdm369

Reaction score
oakdale_mike said:
I'm under the impression that the 4g intermittent disconnect problems are not limited to the Rezound. I hope you'll come back and let us know if the Nexus really solves the problem.

They aren't limited to the rezound. Many devices have these issues. There are lots of variables. Probably mostly growing pains of a young network.

N4UPD

Reaction score
I've heard data drops on just about every 4g phone out there on Verizon. I had the Lg Revolution before I got my rezound and I have had data drops on both so until they get this 3g/4g issue resolved it will probably continue even with new phones like the SG3 and others.

Reaction score
I live in Charlotte & got the rezound when it came out. Started having 4g data drop about 6 weeks ago & have been through 4 phones & they all do the same thing. This has got to be a Verizon issue & not a hardware issue. I don't know what to do about this, any suggestion would be appreciated. Verizon has been great & told me they will do whatever I want. Thanks.

cdm369

Reaction score
grayson russell said:
I live in Charlotte & got the rezound when it came out. Started having 4g data drop about 6 weeks ago & have been through 4 phones & they all do the same thing. This has got to be a Verizon issue & not a hardware issue. I don't know what to do about this, any suggestion would be appreciated. Verizon has been great & told me they will do whatever I want. Thanks.

Most likely it will he fixed when Verizon's 4g network is fully up...more towers in operation. Or they come out with an update to make 4g devices make the handoff to 3g properly.

Reaction score
What I don't understand is this issue started around the first part of June & its got to be network. Does anyone know if Verizon did something strange then? Before June this phone was dead solid perfect. That seems to be the time frame when other people started having the problem. Mine works fine on 3g but I would like 4g to work since I bought a 4g phone. Verizon will give me whatever I want, but they don't have another phone I want. I don't know what to do here,I guess I could just keep it on 3g until someone fines a fix. Thanks to everyone on the forums for their support. Grayson.