Flakey Network?

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
Hi all.

Just wondering...

I'm from Denver.
I have a rock solid Rezound experience in almost all situations in almost every location in the metro area.

Did a driving vacation in Black Hills of South Dakota and the phone acted really weird.
It would regularly be on a strong fast 4g signal and then it would go away.
Nothing I could do would bring it back.
I tried toggling the wifi on and off.
Nothing.

I turned on airplane mode.
Turn it off and the airplane icon in the notification bar would not go away.
I check in settings and, indeed, airplane mode is off, but icon still there and no data signal.
The only way to get it back was to reboot.
Then I'm back on a strong 4g or 3g signal again.

Vacation over, back to Denver and all is back to normal.
Network is solid. Flight mode toggle works just fine.

I just post this for my general knowledge and, if anyone knows a solution, for those who might experience this in the future.

Thanks all.
B

OP
D

DaDroidDude

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
Reboot the phone, that usually works.

Yes that works.
But I bet Verizon or HTC would not suggest that I must do that multiple times per day AND at the very moment that I'm expecting an important text in order to receive said text, or call for that matter.

That happened several times on vacation.
My wife or daughter would text or call me to find out where I was, but I either had no signal or was rebooting to restore my signal.

svdroiddude

Reaction score
I just got back from 10 days in Rural Montana...heck, most of Montana is rural! Phone did all kinds of crazy stuff as it was hunting for a signal and do updates/sync. One day while sitting idle the battery died in about 7 hrs because it was hunting for data. (should have turned it to airplane mode....lesson learned). When I charged it and turned on it stuck on the 4G LTE screen even though the phone was on....ie, I could hear the phone ring but couldn't answer because the screen was locked. Finally after hours of waiting the normal screen reappeared. I may need to do a factory reset due to all the crazy crap that happened.

These phones are meant to be used in strong data areas, not in the sticks! They freak out big time in the back woods.:icon_evil: